FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Hello from NE FL, USA

<<

blindpicker

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:52 am

Hello from NE FL, USA

Hello all,

I normally do not post of forums however this hobby/ profession seems to be unique in the openness and spirit of sharing knowledge, skills and lessons learned. I ended up getting into the hobby using the information and knowledge passed from Jedi's found within this forum to the every day pickers. So it is only fair that I at least say thanks to those who seem to inspire. So thank you everyone for making this hobby easy to get into because without your insight and experience I would have had to start at square one not three.

So here goes, I bought my first pick set a couple of weeks ago (Sparrow, Wizwazzale (<a href="http://www.sparrowslockpicks.com/Wizwazzle_p/s-9.htm"target=blank>Link to set</a>). Needless to say once I received the set I was off and picking. There was no lock that went unpicked around the house (dead bolts, garage door ect) so off to the hardware store I went. Weird side note, everywhere I go I am sizing up the locks now. The hobby really appeals to me because it is just you and the problem (lock). How you solve it is an individual experience. Everyone can tell you how they picked the lock but it is up to you and only you to release the beast.

Any who, I bought a couple of pad locks one regular pined (master 03) and one security pined (ACE (local hardware store not ACE locks). Well lets say the master 03 opens fairly easy (picking time 30 sec - 5mins) however the lock with the security pins (which still to this moment has not opened for me) is a different matter. It seems like I can almost get it opened (not sure of course because I am a straight up rookie), the plug will turn to 1 (false set I think) then as the pins are setting (I think) the plug keeps turning ever so slightly. I was getting feedback on the TW and just learned late last night that I need to add counter rotation so who knows today might be the day. For right now I am only SPP, trying to hone those chops before I start raking.
I did get a cylinder to practice on and went to my local locksmith store to beg for some security pins to practice on. They were very kind and gave me some spool pins ( :spoorated: ). Which I can get open w/ one in the first pin spot. I also picked up 2 Americans (5300, a1100) and the grandmaster Abus (83/45 keyed 51727). Of course I will just have to admire these until I build up my skills.

Well as everyone can see I have a tendency to ramble on so I will end the post here with one last shout out.

Thank you once again to everyone who contributes in making this fine hobby even better.
<<

nhoj_yelbom

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Hello from NE FL, USA

hello and welcome. keep practicing
Wanted TrioVing, ASSA, BiLock, Environmental Locks and Keys, Ingersoll
<<

ChemicalRobot

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:30 pm

Welcome aboard! It's always great to have new people join up. Be sure to check out the KeyPicking chat some time. It's where much of the action happens.

I did get a cylinder to practice on and went to my local locksmith store to beg for some security pins to practice on. They were very kind and gave me some spool pins
That's awesome! I'm surprised they did that, as I hear that many locksmiths frown upon the lockpicking community.
Howdy!
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:23 pm

Welcome!! Lets see some vids from you! It's always fun to see the transition from noobie to advancement. I look forward to seeing more from you!
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:42 pm

Welcome to the obsession =]
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:48 pm

Very big welcome to you blindpicker! I'm jealous... the beginning is always SO exciting. Best part is... it never gets old :D Look foward to seein' ya on the board.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:53 pm

blindpicker wrote:Weird side note, everywhere I go I am sizing up the locks now.

I do the same thing and I am sure a lot, if not all people in this hobby do that same!

Well good luck on those locks man and welcome to the forum.

Return to Introduce Yourself