FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What Inspired You?

<<

jonrb

Post Thu May 29, 2008 10:29 pm

Re: What Inspired You?

My story is not interesting at all. Just the same as many other. Last summer I came across a video which showed me how to make lock picks. Since then it has been a constant search for more locks to pick..
<<

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:07 pm

haha, if you pick locks, we WILL find you :D

Lew
<<

Houndour

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:30 pm

Lockylew wrote:haha, if you pick locks, we WILL find you :D

Lew

So true. I was glad to find Stace not long after she joined Facebook... infact I might have been one of the first.

My story is probably the most boring of all. I killed ten massive 7ft tall scottish hillmen whilst backpacking across the Scottish highlands on a quest to find and play chess against a dragon. One of the hillmen had a set of Southord Picks and such and I decided to just go home and pick locks instead.

But seriously, I lockedmyself out of my house like... 3 times in one fortnight and had enough of it. So I checked out lockpicking on Youtube and researched and researched for weeks before coming across the god himself, Wiz (May he pick forever). Didnt take long before I just ordered myself a set from Southord hehe.
Click banner for...
1) the Meaning of Life
2) Hot bikini models oiled up &
3) LockPicking vids (1 & 2 may not be accurate)
<<

m0ose

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:36 pm

Houndour wrote:
Lockylew wrote:haha, if you pick locks, we WILL find you :D

Lew

So true. I was glad to find Stace not long after she joined Facebook... infact I might have been one of the first.

My story is probably the most boring of all. I killed ten massive 7ft tall scottish hillmen whilst backpacking across the Scottish highlands on a quest to find and play chess against a dragon. One of the hillmen had a set of Southord Picks and such and I decided to just go home and pick locks instead.

But seriously, I lockedmyself out of my house like... 3 times in one fortnight and had enough of it. So I checked out lockpicking on Youtube and researched and researched for weeks before coming across the god himself, Wiz (May he pick forever). Didnt take long before I just ordered myself a set from Southord hehe.

Nice story, and yes, Wiz is pretty great. I think most of all I enjoy hearing how we got into it. Like, who was the person you found. Like for me it was Slim, and for you it was Wiz. I just like seeing how these members have really taught us and brought us into this. It makes me hope that one day I may have that same effect.
<<

Houndour

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:05 pm

Okay okay... you got me... it was a Cyber Ninja Pirate from another dimension!!!
Click banner for...
1) the Meaning of Life
2) Hot bikini models oiled up &
3) LockPicking vids (1 & 2 may not be accurate)
<<

j0siah7

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:06 pm

Houndour wrote:Okay okay... you got me... it was a Cyber Ninja Pirate from another dimension!!!

now that one I can believe :D
Matt's youtube account ---> http://youtube.com/j0siah7

"gives you wiiings"
<<

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:24 am

m0ose wrote:Nice story, and yes, Wiz is pretty great. I think most of all I enjoy hearing how we got into it. Like, who was the person you found. Like for me it was Slim, and for you it was Wiz. I just like seeing how these members have really taught us and brought us into this. It makes me hope that one day I may have that same effect.

Bruno & HBK were the guys who got me into it. it's a shame they don't post anymore.

Lew
<<

j0siah7

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:03 am

Lockylew wrote:
m0ose wrote:Nice story, and yes, Wiz is pretty great. I think most of all I enjoy hearing how we got into it. Like, who was the person you found. Like for me it was Slim, and for you it was Wiz. I just like seeing how these members have really taught us and brought us into this. It makes me hope that one day I may have that same effect.

Bruno & HBK were the guys who got me into it. it's a shame they don't post anymore.

Lew

yea, what happend to them?
Matt's youtube account ---> http://youtube.com/j0siah7

"gives you wiiings"
<<

m0ose

Post Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:36 am

Yeah, I love Bruno in the most non-gay, non-sexual way. I never really got into HBK's videos, dunno why. But yeah, Bruno is the man, or at least, one of them. :D
<<

kizza8484

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:20 pm

HAHAAHA! This thread has been one of the most entertaining reads i've ever had.
<<

superlenny

Familiar Face

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:37 am

Mine is easy ^^

Im Locksmith in the 3'rd apprenticeship year,
me and a colleague learnd many things about Locks in professional school.
After we see this we started to interesting for locks,
one day for about 3 Months at Work we was drinking coffee and smoke a cigarret we found some simple wire.
It was really hard and small matireal so we started think about
open some Locks with it.(every one have seen this in a bad agent movie when some wired person open a door with his haire clip i think^^)
After this Day we search on Youtube and "BAM" we found the first videos
about "Lockpicking".
And the rest of the story is noted i think :mrgreen:
<<

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:59 am

That's great, It seems like Youtube was the reason loads of people got into it.
<<

Kai

Familiar Face

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:35 pm

Hard to say when I was first inspired. My dad, who clearly wasn't running for Parent of the Year, bought me my first set of picks when I was 13~ish. Told me to "stay out of trouble". I must have seen picking in the movies and thought that was pretty damn cool. I really didn't have any idea what I was doing, but made a real effort to try and understand how locks worked and how they were picked. The seed had been planted.

Years go by. Interests change. Picking was something I only got better at when a crisis forced me to remember. I had bought a few different sets just to have around, but it wasn't until about a year ago that I really got the bug and started buying locks and making picks. Started getting really good with what I had and started feeling pretty good about it too.

I recently found that 17 years after getting my first set, an entire lockpicking community has sprung up right under my nose. Reading forums like this one and watching people like Wiz on youtube have probably been more inspiring than when I was a kid. The amount of information available today is simply incredible.

My brain has been flooded with techniques and templates, and videos, and diagrams, and cutaways, and the infinite discussions on every lock imaginable. All of these realizations suddenly synergized into one shining divine epiphany:
I am terrible and need a lot more practice :)

Thanks for the humble pie. I'll eat it in the corner, thank you.

Edit: I also save babies and puppies in my spare time
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:58 pm

Kai wrote:Hard to say when I was first inspired. My dad, who clearly wasn't running for Parent of the Year, bought me my first set of picks when I was 13~ish. Told me to "stay out of trouble". I must have seen picking in the movies and thought that was pretty damn cool. I really didn't have any idea what I was doing, but made a real effort to try and understand how locks worked and how they were picked. The seed had been planted.

Years go by. Interests change. Picking was something I only got better at when a crisis forced me to remember. I had bought a few different sets just to have around, but it wasn't until about a year ago that I really got the bug and started buying locks and making picks. Started getting really good with what I had and started feeling pretty good about it too.

I recently found that 17 years after getting my first set, an entire lockpicking community has sprung up right under my nose. Reading forums like this one and watching people like Wiz on youtube have probably been more inspiring than when I was a kid. The amount of information available today is simply incredible.

My brain has been flooded with techniques and templates, and videos, and diagrams, and cutaways, and the infinite discussions on every lock imaginable. All of these realizations suddenly synergized into one shining divine epiphany:
I am terrible and need a lot more practice :)

Thanks for the humble pie. I'll eat it in the corner, thank you.

Edit: I also save babies and puppies in my spare time

Oh, you poor bastard...you've got it bad, don't you?

That's how it starts...you begin comparing techniques with other pickers and then it becomes an all consuming compulsion to improve. You MUST open that lock...NOW...you need to hear that comforting click of the lock when it pops open... Everywhere you look...locks....padlocks..tubular locks..car locks ....What kind are they? Warded? Pin Tumbler? Everywhere, locks...looking at you...No! Wait, they're laughing at you! The damn locks are laughing AT YOU!

Scoffing, smirking at you as walk past...daring you to open it...if YOU CAN!

"BASTARDS! I will open as many locks as I possibly can! FROM THE PITS OF HELL I STAB AT THEE, DAMN LOCK!" you scream to yourself as you reel in dizzying horror.

But hey, that's just me. A tender, delicate, waif-like creature.

:shock:
<<

Kai

Familiar Face

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:00 pm

I'm sorry, what was that? This shrouded Master won't shut up.
PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself