FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Possible New Padlock Collector

<<

Gerard1

Post Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:05 pm

Possible New Padlock Collector

Hi there. I am not a professional Locksmith But I did work as an Apprentice yeas back after surviving the WTC Sept 11 disaster. I was in IT and after all the IT jobs dried up, I was able to get a job as a Locksmith Apprentice for a major family (Owned by 3 brothers) Locksmith in Raritan, New Jersey. I was well on my way to becoming a locksmith but after a year or two, due to lousy economic circumstances, I was laid off. I ended up getting back into IT but only after working as a ramp tech (fueling and marshaling private aviation in and out of hangers), at a local municipal airport, in central NJ. So why am I here. well I am starting to get interested in collecting padlock and something on eBay spiked my curiosity. I put a bid on it but lost track and lost the bid. I was wondering if anyone can identify this tiny padlock:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/374002251619?n ... 7675.l2557

Any help on identifying it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gerard

<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:26 pm

Re: Possible New Padlock Collector

Bought in bulk, those locks run about 25 cents apiece. Shipping would have cost you more than the lock is worth. Quality is on par with the old suitcase padlocks.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Gerard1

Post Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:33 pm

Re: Possible New Padlock Collector

Well I am glad I didn't continue to bid on this and lost the auction. It eventually sold for $10.50 plus $5.75 shipping.

Return to Introduce Yourself