FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Hello from Spain

<<

Tallan

Post Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:04 pm

Hello from Spain

Hi all, my name is Carlos, Tallan Pick on YouTube, I´m Spanish and my English is very little so I regularly use the google translator to communicate, which does not always do a good job, so I apologize in advance if I make a mistake or some phrase sounds rude, that is not my intention.

I have been a lockpicking enthusiast for 7 years, during these years I have had the pleasure of learning new things every day sharing locks, tools and knowledge with the picking community and locksmith professionals. I hope I can share my passion with you and contribute something useful to the forum. I thank you very much for letting me be part of it.

Cheers!
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:37 am

Re: Hello from Spain

Welcome to the forum.
I've seen some of your youtube videos, they are quite good.
"Who are you and how did you get in here ?"
"I'm the locksmith , and i'm a locksmith"
<<

Tallan

Post Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:02 pm

Thank you mate! my pleasure ;o)
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:59 pm

Hi Tallan, my Spanish is for sure worse than your English. It is based on my Latin knowledge from decades ago and a few chapters of Spanish course. It is enough to understand half of basic communication. I just ordered two Soler locks from Spain. No idea how good Ramon's English (or German) would have been, but google translate did wonders, although I had to tweak it a bit to prevent false translations. Spanish is a beautiful language. That is why I started with it. But I sadly don't have a real use case for it. In any case I think you won't have a problem with google translate and I believe your English will improve soon, at least your lockpicking English. :)
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Tallan

Post Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:32 pm

Hi Martin, I think that my written English "misleads", unfortunately I don't know how to speak as much as to write it, the pronunciation is very difficult for me (it seems that I have a sock stuck in my mouth :mrgreen: ), besides that writing you can think and modify a sentence, and speaking not . In any case, I have been improving over the years, and I owe it all to lockpicking and the English-speaking forums.
and yeah, the truth is that we sometimes complain too much about the performance of the google translator, but in most cases it does a reasonably good job. However, you cannot trust everything to him, you have to watch him closely, he has played tricks on me, although fortunately it all ends with a laugh from the rest of the forum colleagues, and laughing is not a bad thing, so we will say that nothing serious happened

Never tried a Olle lock, in Spain is difficult to find safe locks if you are not a locksmith, but let me know what you think about them, if it worths I will give them a try. I´m looking now for some STUV and Mauer locks, although they are probably not the most suitable to start with (I have to look in the forum to see if there is any thread about the best locks to start with safe lever locks).

Thanks a lot for the comment mate, is much appreciated ;o)
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:46 pm

I am sure if you can read and write you can also communicate verbally even so it is challenging. I think I did learn English most by reading books. I wasn't good at the end of school. I have heard the Dutch people are good at English, because they do get Hollywood movies only with Dutch subtitles.

At least a few years ago the French -> English/German translation was awful. I could not understand the meaning. Maybe it is now better.English/German -> Foreign can be indeed tricky, but "a laugh" means they understood. That is 90% of the task achieved.

I did not know Olle made also locks. I do know them only from the safes. I have an AR1 as a toy safe for burglary attacks because it is small and relatively light.

The STUV 4.19.92 is one of the easiest double-bitted locks. It was my first which I ever attempted to pick. Made my pick and poked it into the lock just before bed to have a quick feel how it is. After 15 minutes it was open. It is probably the lock for beginners, which can be most easily found on ebay. The Mauer 71111 is a step up, but not that bad.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:54 am

Hello and welcome
don't forget to post up your projects
Still learning new tricks some good vids for sure.
<<

Tallan

Post Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:40 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:I am sure if you can read and write you can also communicate verbally even so it is challenging. I think I did learn English most by reading books. I wasn't good at the end of school. I have heard the Dutch people are good at English, because they do get Hollywood movies only with Dutch subtitles.

At least a few years ago the French -> English/German translation was awful. I could not understand the meaning. Maybe it is now better.English/German -> Foreign can be indeed tricky, but "a laugh" means they understood. That is 90% of the task achieved.

I did not know Olle made also locks. I do know them only from the safes. I have an AR1 as a toy safe for burglary attacks because it is small and relatively light.

The STUV 4.19.92 is one of the easiest double-bitted locks. It was my first which I ever attempted to pick. Made my pick and poked it into the lock just before bed to have a quick feel how it is. After 15 minutes it was open. It is probably the lock for beginners, which can be most easily found on ebay. The Mauer 71111 is a step up, but not that bad.

Yeah, totally agree, watching movies translated and dubbed is a big mistake, I've been trying to see everything with subtitles for a couple of years now, it's at least a good system to "listen" and better understand conversations. But as far as I can speak it... believe me, you don't want to hear me try :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot for the info about the locks, I will try to find them, I´m sure I saw the Mauer 71111 several times on ebay ;o)))
<<

Tallan

Post Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:42 pm

10ringo10 wrote:Hello and welcome
don't forget to post up your projects
Still learning new tricks some good vids for sure.

Thank you mate!
I´m a noob at safe lock picking and manipulation, still finding locks and learning from treads, but I hope to be able to share something soon ;o))
Cheers!
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:00 pm

The STUV 4.19.92, (dormakaba) Mauer 71111 and cawi/WITTKOPP Optima 2648 are the most common safe key locks in Germany. AFAIK the safe manufacturers pay for them 10€ per lock.
<<

Tallan

Post Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:09 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:The STUV 4.19.92, (dormakaba) Mauer 71111 and cawi/WITTKOPP Optima 2648 are the most common safe key locks in Germany. AFAIK the safe manufacturers pay for them 10€ per lock.

10€/lock wow, I saw them about 35€/lock and they are used...
<<

WinchLock

Post Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:43 pm

hello Carlos, great job on youtube, do you have some tricks about keyless padlock Gougler style ?
thanks
<<

Tallan

Post Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:30 am

Hi WinchLock, thank you very much, I´m glad you like the vids ;o))

I have to admit that I did not know of its existence until I read your comment. I have seen a couple of videos and they are very interesting, I already have another essential in my wish list LOL ;o))))

Return to Introduce Yourself