FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Safe Guy

<<

Qwijebo1969

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:48 pm

Safe Guy

hello all, I am an avid safe collector, namely pre-1950 safes.
I acquired this little floor safe, looks a lot like a Sentry form the 1980s but cannot suss out the manufacturer.
Have yet to try opening it, was hoping to use the serial #
Nice little floor safe about as useful as a heavy paperweight though.
Don't often see these around, anyone have any ideas?

Pyroguard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Squelchtone

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:17 pm

Re: Safe Guy

I wonder if Sentry made this for someone like Montgomery Ward or JC Penney in late 70s early 80s? Maybe someone was buying Sentry safes, repainting them and rebranding them and then selling them from their locksmith shop for more?

look at the wheels and skirt and everything else on this Sentry: https://www.lot-art.com/auction-lots/Vi ... .3.18-ebth

Does the model number and serial number on yours looks similar to the one in the link above?
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:07 pm

Re: Safe Guy

There are a couple of copycat safes that look very much like Sentry. One is ESP (logo is ESP in a squiggly, squat design) and Menards ( 3rd largest home improvement store, located in 13 states). I believe ESP is/was made in Cali. Menards safe may have been made by Sentry but don't know for sure. As Squelch said, the skirting/wheels look Sentry-like. Just may be a rebranding.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983

Return to Introduce Yourself