FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

The bug is back... Bad!

<<

Barracuda559

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:29 pm

The bug is back... Bad!

Hi everyone, it's been about 5 years since I've been here so I figured this should be my first stop. Picking took a backseat to life for a while, but still kept a set in my truck just in case someone needed help. Lately I've started watching more and more picking youtube again, all my old locks and picks have been dusted off, and I even have a new Panavise and a package from Sparrows on the way. I think it's safe to say I'm in the middle of a full blown case lockpick fever.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:59 pm

Re: The bug is back... Bad!

Hi! You could make a New Year's Resolution to stop your lock picking habit. You just have a few days to go.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Barracuda559

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:00 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:Hi! You could make a New Year's Resolution to stop your lock picking habit. You just have a few days to go.

Hahaha! 5 years was enough. I'm looking forward to relearning what I've lost and learning more.
<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:43 pm

I know what ya mean. Covid has put estate sales on hiatus so no antique safes nearby to buy and crack. This month, I handmade a pick for the Abloy Classic core and got two open. One more classic and the rest are executive and protec. All 341's. It's just not the same as that tingly feeling when a handle goes "clunk"...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Barracuda559

Familiar Face

Post Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:48 pm

Hoarder wrote:I know what ya mean. Covid has put estate sales on hiatus so no antique safes nearby to buy and crack. This month, I handmade a pick for the Abloy Classic core and got two open. One more classic and the rest are executive and protec. All 341's. It's just not the same as that tingly feeling when a handle goes "clunk"...

Wow, nice! I've never tried safes or Abloys but looks fun.
<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:42 am

So far, I've been lucky on my picks. I'm somewhere between Mt. Stupid and the Valley of Despair. I've picked all but two locks and cracked 11-12? safes.. All safes I've took home, I've cracked. One lock I haven't made a tool for yet and the other is an Abloy classic that is giving me fits. I'm thinking about mailing it to LPL...

Return to Introduce Yourself