Post Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:23 pm

Hello from Ohio! Joining to do some research and for advice.

My name is Rick, im from a little town tucked away in southeast Ohio, Bellaire.

I own a decently sized auto repair shop and a used car lot.

Over the past couple of years I've had to get a few keys made from scratch. Whether it'd be buying cars from sales with no keys, lost keys, or for repos. I have several dealer acquaintances who have ran into similar issues. The nearest locksmith with a machine capable of cutting keys from key codes is roughly an hour and a half from my shop.

I've been doing some research and I'm certain a key cutting machine is a solid investment for me.

I'm looking for some advice as to which machine is recommended. I'd like to stay under $3,500. $1,000-$2,000 would be ideal, but it seems prices range all over the place!

I like the HPC Blitz, but through all my research (not on just this particular machine, but all machines I've red up on), it's unclear to me as to what machine cuts keys solely based off of codes provided from the dealer when you provide them with the vin.

So bottome line, which machine would you guys recommend for a beginner? I'm wanting to cut a key with solely key codes provided by dealers when the time comes that the service is needed.

And would this code key cutter also copy keys? That is something I assume, but I also know it is never safe to assume lol.

Thank you in advance for all input!!