FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

If I owned a Handgun

<<

MrWizard

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:40 pm

Re: If I owned a Handgun

Anyone own a Glock 26 Gen 4.
I would like to hear your opinion on this ones performance and as a reliable conceal carry weapon.

g26gen4.jpg

http://www.glockmeister.com/GLOCK-26-Gen-4/productinfo/G26GEN4/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
Kurt Vonnegut
<<

cjl_1775

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:39 pm

I have owned one do not now due to a move from glock to m&p ( this was due to how I shoot not the gun). As far as a reliable gun yes it is, I did prefer when I carried the next size up the glock 19. I found both very easy to carry but shooting I shot the larger gun better.
My suggestion is find a good range or group of people and try both I have known some who just can not shoot it as well.
<<

rzr800

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:37 pm

I got a g19 gen4 with 5 mags, I keep mine in a retension holster (black hawk) in my van and Its always ready to fire. Shot probably 400 rds through it. My gun was bought brand new (never stove piped ever). I use walmart's federal 9mm.
<<

rzr800

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:06 am

Here is a picture of my glock, one is the extended slide release upgrade (bought from glockmister $20.00) and the other is my old lady holding it and yes its unloaded and she knows how to shoot it. She restores antique furniture on the side and she sells it on craigslist and everytime she sells furniture she always ask me if she could take my glock with her for the transaction, but I say no becuase i worry about her using it out of fear on something that wasn't justified as self defense. One day im gunna get her a BABY glock and teach her everything i know about self defense so she can carry for craiglist transactions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:51 pm

MrWizard wrote:Anyone own a Glock 26 Gen 4.
I would like to hear your opinion on this ones performance and as a reliable conceal carry weapon.

I haven't tried the Gen 4 to give any feedback on the different recoil spring assembly that it has, but I like the more aggressive grip texturing. I've tried older versions of the Glock 26 and I think they're excellent.

Just bear in mind, your little finger will hang off the bottom of the grip. I haven't found it to negatively affect control of the weapon, but some people have a hard time getting used to it so they end up putting an extended floorplate on the mags to lengthen it, and if you're going to do that you'd might as well just get a Glock 19.

Depending on how you're carrying it, a Glock 19 can be nearly as easy to conceal as a 26. If you plan on an ankle holster though I'd definitely go with a 26 over a 19.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:42 am

Years ago I owned a .40cal Glock. I don't remember the model but it was before they were making the smaller models. It was a good overall gun and I had really no complaints about it even after having a round explode in the chamber. That was an ammo defect and luckily I did not get hurt and the ammo manufacturer had no problems paying not only for the normal repairs but paid to have a recall part that had nothing to do with the damage overnighted so I could get my gun back quicker. (Strange enough nearly 20 years later my brother had a round explode in the chamber of his Glock but he was not nearly as lucky as it put him in the hospital with shrapnel embedded deep in his cheek. That ammo company is based in Mexico and is still haggling several years after it happened about the medical bills.)

But I digress, after having a friends brother who was an FBI firearms instructor take us tot he range and giving us some instruction with his side arm which was a Sig I fell in love with the Sig. It felt better in my hands, more comfortable as there was more to hold on to since I have large hands. I traded my Glock in for a Sig P220 .45cal. Because it was so comfortable to shoot, I found myself at the range more often going through about 500 rounds a month. (This was years ago and I could afford it then) The Sig seemed to me better balanced where the Glock was front heavy and had heavy recoil the Sig just didn't kick as hard even going from .40 to .45. The only problem I had with the Sig was the trigger pull seemed a little too heavy. After a while I found myself wanting it to get adjusted lighter but when I took it to a gunsmith I found out he was an honest smith. He said he would do it but cautioned against it as it would void the warranty. He said the way they were made it was not really made to be adjusted and could possibly lead to an accidental discharge.

I used to be into guns a lot more and whenever someone would ask me which gun they should buy I would tell them to go to the range and fire a wide variety of weapons. Do some research and figure out which suits them best. And to stay away from a 9mm if they are using it for home defense. If you are using a 9mm for home defense you will empty the gun into the intruder and then have to beat them to death with the empty gun.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:17 pm

mdchurchill wrote:.....And to stay away from a 9mm if they are using it for home defense. If you are using a 9mm for home
defense you will empty the gun into the intruder and then have to beat them to death with the empty gun.

LOL
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

squirrelcop

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:03 am

verz wrote:I have nothing against glocks but they are just so Block, square, plastic. i like a gun with curves and a nice feel in the hand Beretta or 1911.

I know what you mean. A Glock 22 is my workhorse, it is IMHO the ideal LE handgun, but it lacks style. My off duty gun is a black 1911 with redwood grips and matte stainless hammer, mag-release, slide lock and safety. Its like driving a delivery truck all day at work, and coming home to drive a corvette.
Maintain Right
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:35 pm

squirrelcop wrote: My off duty gun is a black 1911 with redwood grips and matte stainless hammer, mag-release, slide lock and safety. Its like driving a delivery truck all day at work, and coming home to drive a corvette.

John Moses Browning is GOD's grandpa.
<<

cool-arrow

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Glocks are great guns a lot of bang for the buck compared to other firearms. Glock reliability has become the industry standard that all other firearms are measured.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:14 am

MBI wrote:
Warder wrote:And I do like that the word 'LOCK' is in the name..

Ah, I was wondering why you spelled it that way. I should have picked up on that, but I'm a bit slow sometimes.

You probably missed it due to the stock image used... after all the casing is acting as a LOCK there too ;)
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:18 am

Warder, where did you get this image from?

Thanks,
Elbow :akimbo:

Warder wrote:If I owned a Handgun, I'd own a G-LOCK.

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:25 am

Mr Wizard,

Can you also, let me know where you got this image as well?

Thanks!
Elbow :akimbo:

MrWizard wrote:Anyone own a Glock 26 Gen 4.

g26gen4.jpg

http://www.glockmeister.com/GLOCK-26-Gen-4/productinfo/G26GEN4/

<<

DennisK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:16 pm

And to stay away from a 9mm if they are using it for home defense. If you are using a 9mm for home defense you will empty the gun into the intruder and then have to beat them to death with the empty gun.

mdchurchill,this may have been the case years ago,but bullet design has advance significantly since those days.Today's design will reliably expand to atleast 150% of rated diameter because the velocities have increased.And besides,you could have a cannon for home defense and it wouldn't do you any good if you can't hit what you're aiming at.
<<

DennisK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:19 pm

squirrelcop wrote:
verz wrote:I have nothing against glocks but they are just so Block, square, plastic. i like a gun with curves and a nice feel in the hand Beretta or 1911.

I know what you mean. A Glock 22 is my workhorse, it is IMHO the ideal LE handgun, but it lacks style. My off duty gun is a black 1911 with redwood grips and matte stainless hammer, mag-release, slide lock and safety. Its like driving a delivery truck all day at work, and coming home to drive a corvette.

Style? When carrying for self defense,do you want something "pretty" or something that goes bang everytime and is almost boringly accurate?
PreviousNext

Return to Full Metal Jacket Required