FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Tarquin's Vids

Forum rules
Rules!!!!
This section is for lockpicking videos uploaded to YouTube or MetaCafe only

You are more than welcome to post your videos here, but make sure they are all under your own threads - this way it saves space.

Make sure you put the YouTube or MetaCafe link between the tags. Failure to do so will result in your video not displaying correctly.

NOTICE - PLACE ALL YOUR VIDEOS UNDER YOUR OWN THREAD!

Do not scatter your videos all over the forum under various titles and topics, etc.

Start a thread with your name - EX: "Joe Bleauxx's Videos"

Add all your future videos under that same thread, thereafter.
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:25 am

Re: Tarquin's Vids

And a second vid.

M5's and an M15 for Newbies tutorial, plus some random shit that was faster to show and tell than to type out.

<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:55 pm

nice vids ,thanks for posting.
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:35 am

Oh my God!

I got Xeo's box back tonight, and HOLY SHIT! Lots of goodies. I have an out of box video, but it's very dark. I'm looking for a way to brighten it up before I post it.

For now, let me show you all the goodies I got!

This is a pretty high resolution image, I just shrank it. If you save it you can enlarge it to clearly see some of the bittings.

Not pictured: Xeo returned my M5 and M15 to me, which I've picked in the past. I asked him to take a look at them though because they're all gummed up and I'm trying to learn more about binding orders and stuff. Turns out though, that those two locks are just gummed up from some moron using WD40 in them and they're just broke-dick all around.

Anyway, on to the good stuff:

On the far left we have a Brinks padlock. I didn't manage to have time to fuck with this one on camera for my out of box vid. I can only upload 10 minutes to youtube and I didn't pick this one to screw with in my out of box vid, but I should have. The first time I touched it I got it in about 4 minutes. I know for certain it has at least three security pins, probably spools, in pin slots #3, #4 and #5. There might be more than that too, so I'm exceptionally proud of myself. This is a nice, clean lock internally so you can actually feel what's going on. This is a fantastic lock for a newbie to learn on, because I can feel everything that's going on in there, and thus I was able to pick it in about 4 minutes. This is probably my new favorite lock already. This rocks!

At the top left we have a red Kwikset cylinder, but I'm pretty sure it's pinned with something other than standard Kwikset shit. Just a guess. I only know it's a Kwikset because I got the key with it and it says Kwikset on it. I haven't fucked with it yet. This is a neat little dude I look forward to defeating. I looked at the back to see if I could core it, and I need a plug follower (a real one rather than my wooden sticks) if I plan to core it, so I'm going to put this off until I get a decent plug follower. I'd like to do it cold and then core it on camera without having ever touched it before if I can.

Below the red Kwikset is a torsion wrench that Xeo made for me to use on the M930. He used it in his vid too. Thanks, Xeo!

Next up is the black American A1100. After handling the Master Locks these are surprisingly lightweight. They also have a recessed key way which currently seems to be my biggest weakness on the locks I have left to deal with. I've tapped this one a couple times, but I didn't really focus on it or give it a serious try, yet.

To the right of that is another black American A1100. It's keyed differently than his brother.

To the right of that is what appears to be a homebrew rake unlike any I have in my inventory, and I presume this is Xeo's custom handle job on it with the plasti-dip and eraser grinds. That's a thoughtful gift, Xeo, and a pick I didn't have before. Thank you very much! I even like the color!

On the far right we have my returned M930. I'm still having a Hell of a time with the wrench though, as you'll see when I get my out of box vid posted. That said, two minutes after I shut the camera off, I went back to the M930 and in about a minute and a half managed to actually pick it. But then the wrench popped out on me as I was turning the kik, and I got pretty pissed. I'm working on refining the prototype wrench Xeo sent me so that I can make better wrenches. The recessed key way is a real bitch, but the Americans he sent me also have those so I better get used to it I suppose.

I did however, pick the M930.

At the very bottom with the "127" on it is a Master No. 3. I have no idea what's up with this fucker, but that first pin feels like it has rocks stuck in it, and the back pins are pretty stiff as well. Based on my experience with the M5 and M15 I sent Xeo, I think this one's been WD40d quite a lot in the past as well, and I can't seem to pick the fucking thing to save my life. I've had about 20 Master Lock No.3, No.4 and No.5s already though, and I usually pop those in 10 seconds or less even if I've never touched them before. I've run into a few that are so beat to shit and because Master Lock is such a piece of shit to begin with that they just won't get picked though too.

I don't know if that's a weakness I need to overcome or not - picking bad locks. I'm hoping one of you experts can tell me if I should worry about it or not.

This was a STUFFED box when it came to me. Xeo, I really appreciate the presents and that was very generous of you. You didn't have to do that, man. It was enough for you to help me on the M930, and whether I dropped the fucking wrench or not, and whether I got it on camera or not, I picked it tonight about 15 minutes after I opened your box so your help was obviously important. I've been working on that fucker since I got it, and I've never picked it even once until tonight.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your tutelage, and then you put icing on the cake with all these badass presents!

Thank you very much, Xeo. Thank you very, very much!
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:18 am

very nice stuff!!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:39 am

Glad you like the stuff.

The pick I sent you I did not make. It is a Peterson texture-tipped carbon steel rake. I threw it in there because I never use rakes and figured someone else might get some use out of it. It is a very strong pick.

The Master 127 definitely has lots of character but it is pickable. Have fun =]
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:01 am

Thanks, Xeo!

For the record, the pinning of the Brinks I picked is: :spool: :stddriver: :spool: :spool: :spool:

So um... ::strut::.
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:14 am

Video is up!

For the record, I did pick the M930 in about two minutes right after I stopped recording. The wrench fell out as I was opening it, but still. I also have now picked the Brinks twice, but I've been trying again this morning and can't seem to pop it a third time.

Here's the vid:

<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:44 pm

Good stuff. I see you were slipping with the TOK wrench... maybe because you're not used to them? The key is to press on it so it binds nicely and won't be disturbed... takes some practice for sure.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:16 pm

xeo wrote:Good stuff. I see you were slipping with the TOK wrench... maybe because you're not used to them?

Well, I use TOK a lot actually. I prefer it. This is the first time I've used it on a recessed key way though.

The key is to press on it so it binds nicely and won't be disturbed... takes some practice for sure.

Okay, I didn't know that. I'll give that a go. Hopefully I have a new vid up soon. You were right that the M930 isn't hard. I'm just not holding the wrench right.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Tarquin wrote:Okay, I didn't know that. I'll give that a go. Hopefully I have a new vid up soon. You were right that the M930 isn't hard. I'm just not holding the wrench right.

find urself a No. 532 they are quite a challange for being a master lock... real fun
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:25 pm

LocksmithArmy wrote:
Tarquin wrote:Okay, I didn't know that. I'll give that a go. Hopefully I have a new vid up soon. You were right that the M930 isn't hard. I'm just not holding the wrench right.

find urself a No. 532 they are quite a challange for being a master lock... real fun

I've got enough on my plate right now, thank you. In fact, I need to go check the mail again today.

I've been fucking around with wrenches all day and haven't had a chance to pick.
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:42 pm

xeo wrote:Good stuff. I see you were slipping with the TOK wrench... maybe because you're not used to them? The key is to press on it so it binds nicely and won't be disturbed... takes some practice for sure.

Xeo, I'm trying that. I'm also looking at your videos. I don't understand what you mean, and I'm not lucking into it. Can you (or anyone else for that matter) explain please?

Bear in mind I don't use a vice. It's very difficult for me to apply torsion and press down on the wrench with my off-hand at the same time.

"I don't get it."
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:50 pm

Good shit Tarquin! Really, I mean it. If it makes ya feel any better, I'll get honest. Although I've several fail vids up on my channel... I've most certainly produced far more of them than I''ve been willing to post LOL. I'm sometimes just not humble enough to make em' public. So 2 points for you Sir!!! Not to mention, it provides a nice realistic view of picking. There really is a lot of time, practice, and patience that goes into becoming proficient with a certain lock brand, or a particular type of security pin... that's just the learning curve that comes with picking. It's filled with fun, frustration, and excitment. And one feeling can change into another in a second. Ya can't help but love it.

Xeo's a wonderful fella, and one of the top ranked pickers in my book. It's TRULY a treat to watch him go to town on a lock.... man is it ever!! And he's always willing to give of his time to help someone progress and enjoy this hobby. I remember when I first came around here - I asked him in the chat room if I could pick his brain for a couple minutes. He didn't mind my naive and relentless questions at all... he just said "sure, but please.... use a short hook." lol

Nice job on the BRINKS. And you're correct on the pins - nearly every one of em' that I've ever encountered had the one standard driver in position 2. Your sense of touch is certainly getting better if you know that just from feel. I had actually gotten kinda cocky with the brass #'s from Brinks... flyin' through every one that I bought. Then, Xeo
sent me one...LoL... it's STILL not picked! I swear he puts some kinda Rhode Island voodoo on shit before sending it out. LOL

And the Americans, I think you'll like em'. You might hate em' for a bit at first... but they're one of my favorites! Come to think of it, some of my first few 1100's also came
from Xeo I think. Although the spools are serrated, they'll provide no more problems than a normal spool would. And if ya find yourself having trouble gettin' use to the serrated drivers, you might take a look at this thread that mdchurchill started viewtopic.php?p=49617#p49617 Everyone has there own MO for pickin' serrated pins, and this thread contains a variety of techniques. I'm actually writing an article on American Locks that I'll eventually post here in hopes that it'll help others enjoy them as much as I do. It'll be awhile though, as I just recently finished section 1 (out of a possible 6) lol.

Tarquin wrote:..... I don't know if that's a weakness I need to overcome or not - picking bad locks .....
'Age' is one of our biggest enemies when it comes to picking locks. But don't worry bout it - during your travels you'll come across plenty of
old, torched, tarnished, rusted, seized up, gunked up, fucked up locks that'll provide you with more than enough practice in this area. LOL
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:42 am

Glad to see youv,e opened it , greatstuff T.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:20 pm

Tarquin wrote:And a second vid.

M5's and an M15 for Newbies tutorial, plus some random shit that was faster to show and tell than to type out.

I made the offer to make a key for the lock.
Nemo Malus Felix
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking Videos