FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Freaky Farmer videos

Forum rules
Rules!!!!
This section is for lockpicking videos uploaded to YouTube or MetaCafe only

You are more than welcome to post your videos here, but make sure they are all under your own threads - this way it saves space.

Make sure you put the YouTube or MetaCafe link between the tags. Failure to do so will result in your video not displaying correctly.

NOTICE - PLACE ALL YOUR VIDEOS UNDER YOUR OWN THREAD!

Do not scatter your videos all over the forum under various titles and topics, etc.

Start a thread with your name - EX: "Joe Bleauxx's Videos"

Add all your future videos under that same thread, thereafter.
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Re: Freaky Farmer videos

This video is uh, ... :loony:

...Just watch. :mrgreen:
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:58 pm

I was given this lock by the TOOOL guys for winning the speed picking contest at Defcon 18. (Thanks guys). It is the first real lock I've played with that has trap pins. I found out I couldn't SPP past the trap pins, but I found a way to pick past them anyways.

<<

Farmerfreak

Post Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:28 pm

Here is how the trap pins work in the video above. (It's easier to explain with a picture, even if it's a crappy one)

The problem with SPP past them is that the trap pins are spooled. On a regular chamber a spooled pin can easily be lifted up and past the shear line. In the case of the trap pins the top chamber is a smaller diameter than the bottom chamber. The problem comes in trying to line up the trap pin so it will go back into the top chamber. It's not hard to line them up if you turn it back towards the neutral position. But then the problem is that I couldn't set any of the pins in that position, the trap pins that I wasn't holding up would simply fall back down.

When it comes to trap pins I am a novice. I came up with a solution that worked for me (this time). It may have been possible to pick them one at a time, I just wasn't having any luck with it. I could SPP it back to the neutral position. ...That doesn't really help though.
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:42 pm

A coworker had a Strattec class earlier today and got to keep a 2011 Ford Fiesta ignition cylinder. This is my first automotive lock I have picked on camera (...not to be confused with the first automotive lock I have ever picked :wink: ). I was actually expecting it to be a little bit harder than it was. Oh well, enjoy!

<<

Farmerfreak

Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:55 pm

I'm going to be trying Metacafe.com for some of my videos for a while. I've been having too many issues trying to view videos I've uploaded to YouTube.

So here is my first Metacafe uploaded video. Nothing special, just a Schlage Everest cylinder.

http://www.metacafe.com/w/5194632
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Finally!! I got my Assa Twin V-10 fast enough to get on camera!! This lock has been camera shy for a very long time.

The pick I'm using is the Peterson slender government steel hook, with an HPC handle instead of the foam one it comes with. I also grounded down the shaft of the pick because it was too tall and was annoying me. Grinding down the shaft was done for other locks, it just so happened to be perfect for this lock. :D
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:28 pm

<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:08 pm

That's one hell of a bitting on that sargent... nice job!
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:58 pm

I moved the pins off of the Strattec pinning mat so I could get a clearer picture. http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv59/chessguy125/DSCN1803.jpg
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:11 am

I wanted to get this next lock on camera blind from start to finish. But it wouldn't let me, or I'm just not that good. Either way, I still picked it on camera. I had picked it twice before I started to record again.

<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:51 am

What kind of lock is that?
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:09 am

Also.. with the trap pins.. when you know you've picked it and are about the turn the plug would forcing the keypins up while turning it prevent the trap pin from engaging the holes in the plug? I assume theres only one trap pin on either side of the book.. so if you knew where it was you could lift that keypin up to stop the trap pin from falling? Does that make sense?

P.S.... ASSA Twin 6k with medeco government ARX biaxial keypins and 2nd sidebar WITH a full row of 6 spooled trap pins on either side with SUPER strong springs (12 total). :twisted: That would just be a complete fucking nightmare... if you did manage to pick it and rotated the plug around to open a door or something the bottom of the keyway would then again engage the trap pins locking it up royally unless you had a ground down keyblank to use as a tension wrench or something.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:49 pm

xe0 wrote:What kind of lock is that?

The lock in the video posted right above this question is an Ilco cylinder, ...I think. I'm pretty sure it is a restricted key, except without a patent, so only semi restricted.

xe0 wrote:Also.. with the trap pins.. when you know you've picked it and are about the turn the plug would forcing the keypins up while turning it prevent the trap pin from engaging the holes in the plug? I assume theres only one trap pin on either side of the book.. so if you knew where it was you could lift that keypin up to stop the trap pin from falling? Does that make sense?
I'm guessing you are talking about the M&C further up this page. It's a five pin lock, and there is a trap pin for each of the last four pins in the lock (or two trap pins for each of the last four pins, one each direction).

xe0 wrote:P.S.... ASSA Twin 6k with medeco government ARX biaxial keypins and 2nd sidebar WITH a full row of 6 spooled trap pins on either side with SUPER strong springs (12 total). :twisted: That would just be a complete fucking nightmare... if you did manage to pick it and rotated the plug around to open a door or something the bottom of the keyway would then again engage the trap pins locking it up royally unless you had a ground down keyblank to use as a tension wrench or something.
...let's not forget that if it had two sidebars that they are going to lock back up at a 180 degrees. :bird:
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:22 pm

Practical joke for talented lock pickers.

For some reason this lock was easier to pick before I put the serration on the first pin. I'm not sure how that made the other pins harder to pick. ...It's probably all in my head.

FYI, I have never shipped a lock pinned up this way. I've only use this set up for in person practical jokes. Hmm, I wonder if I will make it to DefCon next year...
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Corbin on a radical combination. (I thought I would put it in my video thread)

This next one is a Honda 4-track. It is an easily broken lock if picked with too much force. Basically they are junk locks and I don't really have anything nice to say about them. Also they need to be picked past a secondary locking position to unlock the door (or trunk lock in this case) and then picked back to the neutral position. FYI, I did not practice picking this lock. This video is my first attempt on this specific lock. But I have picked tons of these on real jobs when people are locked out (without getting good at it with practice locks in a vice, DO NOT attempt it while installed in a vehicle).

I've had this Specialized bicycle lock at work for a while. Basically a customer left it behind a long time ago. So I ordered a pick from DealExtreme.com, ...that pick pretty much sucked. However it had fairly nice handles. So I spent the time to make my own pick specifically for this lock!! And used the new handles!! I was quite happy when I first got this lock picked. This video is the result of my one day of practice.
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking Videos