FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Hardplate cutter

<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:58 pm

Hardplate cutter

Id like to review this tool after contacting hillsupplier.co.uk twice regarding this tool over the last 6 months and his claims on ebay that this tool will cut threw hard plate on locks in 3 seconds ive got a reply.

my message to them, please can you provide proof that this tool can penetrate hard plate on locks,if this is the case why is there no vid or link,like the abloy cutter,as a trading locksmith and member of many locksmith related forums alot of people would be interested in this tool.

The reply, ok sir i will in my time,thanks for the advice,cheers.

sounds like another fob off,whats your thoughts on the matter and as anyone seen a vid for this tool or even have one.

MADE IN ITALY
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Don

Familiar Face

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: Hardplate cutter

I had some hole saws that look almost the same .. mine said Makita on them. They were not cheep. I don't remember the exact cost but about $50.00 per saw.

They would cut through stainless steel like butter... I never tried them on hard plate but would not be surprised if they worked very well. 3 second to cut a hole ???? Well that is probably an unrealistic expectation .

Sorry to say my tool box was lost when my car was stolen.
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:47 am

I don't know about the tool you posted, and I was not able to find it on the site you linked...

Makita is a respectable brand and makes great drill and drill-related stuff. If this is the brand, I'd buy it straightforward.

Cheers :)
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:00 am

its just looks like a carbide tipped bit... which CAN cut through hardplate... but there are many kinds of hardplate and some will chew up a carbide bit for breakfast... and 3 seconds is unrealistic... carbide may cut through the skin in 3 seconds but if its got any decent hardplate you will be looking at much longer than a few seconds...

I wager its hype... it may be a decent bit... but i feel its exagerating a bit.
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

merlinmaster

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:06 am

Hi

Ok found it on the site, wouldn't buy a thing from it personally, it may be cheap but it also seems to want to sell me lots of other objects via advertising.

The description I see is

Wrench Hole Saw

High Quality and Superb Hole Saw Locksmith Tool

And I agree with LSA it may go through the hard plate but 3 seconds is very unrealistic.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

MMW
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:24 am

well ive orderd one today so we will soon find out if its bull or not, im not usually a doubting thomas... but lets see i payed 17.99 free p+p.
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Hard plate = Masonry bit , cheap as chips . chuck it when you're done
Open Sez Me !
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:38 pm

hard plate cutter reviewed 021.JPG
hard plate cutter reviewed 002.JPG
hard plate cutter reviewed 010.JPG
hard plate cutter reviewed 015.JPG
hard plate cutter reviewed 016.JPG
Review on tool and pics,it does work and may save me a little money on hard plate drill bits.
3 seconds is bull, test results on face plate and hard plate are good,but the drill bit will have to be removed for hard plate...this as not been tested yet as to the stability of the cutter, ive taken before and after pics of the cutting teeth for your information as this is the main concern...we need to use it more than once right.
The cutter needs a fare bit of pressure for it to cut,but this was expected... NO DRILL POINTS ARE SHOWN IN THE PICS. (Mod Power)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to Product Reviews