FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Lishi Ford 8-cut pick and decoder

<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:15 pm

Lishi Ford 8-cut pick and decoder

So I've had my eyes on these Lishi pick/decoders for quite a while. Now that I'm trying my hands a lot more at automotive locksmithing I thought that if this worked it would be worth the money.

I purchased it on sale and with a coupon code bringing the total price down to $106. My work van when I got it takes an H75 so naturally that was the first lock I tried it on. It took me about 4 minutes to get the lock picked and was able to decode just as easily as the literature describes. Today was actually my first time making a key for a customer with it on a 2000 Mercury. The customer had a key for the ignition but it would not work the door. (She bought it from a tow yard) I picked and decoded the lock, and not counting the time it took me to find the right card for the code machine I cut a key for the customer all in about 5 minutes total time.

It is very simple to use, you pick each wafer individually. Sometimes you have to run over some of the wafers a few times before it caves in but it works very well. On the side of the pick there are marks that show you where the wafers are at and once it is picked on the same spot you can read the depths. All around great value if this tool holds up for a while it will make the money back that I spent for it in spades. I have the Y159/Y157/Y154 on order and should get it tomorrow.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:31 pm

Re: Lishi Ford 8-cut pick and decoder

Very awesome. I've been looking at these for a while now. Can you post pics and/or a video? That would be awesome!!!
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:46 pm

mister sour wrote:Very awesome. I've been looking at these for a while now. Can you post pics and/or a video? That would be awesome!!!

H75-Lishi.jpg

Thats about the best I can get right now for a photo. I don't have a video of it yet but I suppose I could make one when I get the Chrysler tool. I'm waiting to see the DVD that comes with that one and why it is different. I'm also considering some of the picks for high security locks considering they are only $30 each.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:55 pm

This is neat stuff. I wanna see these in action. I might have to get a set to play around with. If only the weren't so expensive!
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:07 am

Lishi picks are excellent if you get the genuine article - weve had them in the UK about 1-2 years now - i also hear they are attempting to crack the usa market,There a success in the UK thats for sure.
There is also lishi pick training in the uk for anyone wanting to start auto lock outs, im not sure how much it cost.
<<

Kezo

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:19 pm

I've used the Lishi picks and decoders lots of times for work and they are the best! I hope they comeout with more of these 2-in-1 tools for standard car locks.

But have you tried it on the ignition locks to see if they fit? Cos a lot of the older lishi tools works great on the doors but would not fit all the way into the ignition locks too well.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Kezo wrote:I've used the Lishi picks and decoders lots of times for work and they are the best! I hope they comeout with more of these 2-in-1 tools for standard car locks.

But have you tried it on the ignition locks to see if they fit? Cos a lot of the older lishi tools works great on the doors but would not fit all the way into the ignition locks too well.

I would think the sidebar would make it impossible.
<<

Kezo

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:14 pm

Most of them are sidebar but a lot of the new ones are not. I know some of the Fords that are using the 8-cut huf locks like the Focus are using the standard non-sidebar version for their ignition locks. I was just wondering if the tool even enters the ignition locks to begin with.

Return to Product Reviews