FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

storm picks

<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:17 am

Re: storm picks

Storm, do you know when the carbon fiber picks will be available and will you be able to buy those individually also? I'm seriously jizzing at the very thought of them.
<<

Storm

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:34 am

Solomon wrote:Storm, do you know when the carbon fiber picks will be available and will you be able to buy those individually also? I'm seriously jizzing at the very thought of them.

Hopefully the Carbon picks will be available in the next 21 days!

The beta testing is going well so fingers crossed.

:drool:
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:54 am

Oh baby. I hope they're not gonna be a gazillion quid to buy :mrgreen:
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:26 pm

Storm:

Please don't take this the wrong way, and this is not meant to be disrespectful, but... I'd just like to ask you, based on what I've heard and seen about these picks... why do they flex so much? It seems these picks lack every fundamental essential utility and quality required to pick high security locks. There's a locksmith on this board that isn't even able to open a Kwikset (real shitty lock) with one of your picks (h2). Who designed them? What locks were used to test these picks? Did you even do any market research and compare your product to the existing commercially available tools? Was the flex and weakness a deliberate feature? Surely a hardcore lockpicker will know, strength is the number one quality. Certain locks demand and require pick strength to open. I think you should strongly (pun intended) consider this in the future.

Just to give you a point of comparison. Your H2 pick is ~.023 inches wide. A Peterson Government Steel Slender Hook is ~.014 to ~.018. Comparing the strength alone, the Peterson pick is about 700 quadrillion times stronger. As a consumer and hobbyist lockpicker this point alone is enough to deter me from purchasing a Storm pick.

Again, please consider these words are constructive criticism. I respect you for producing lock picking tools.

Thanks
Last edited by xeo on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:30 pm

xeo wrote:Storm:

Please don't take this the wrong way, and this is not meant to be disrespectful, but... I'd just like to ask you, based on what I've heard and seen about these picks... why do they flex so much? It seems these picks lack every fundamental essential utility and quality required to pick high security locks. There's a locksmith on this board that isn't even able to open a Kwikset (real shitty lock) with one of your picks (h2). Who designed them? What locks were used to test these picks? Did you even do any market research and compare your product to the existing commercially available tools? Was the flex and weakness a deliberate feature?

Thanks

Storm told us that the pick that Kokomo ordered has a thinner shaft, and is more flexible because it is meant to be a "feeler" pick. This wasn't on their website at first so there was no way to tell the different hooks and their functions apart. That has been amended on the website, each of the hooks is listed with it's designated purpose. Hopefully the ones that are designated for SPP aren't quite a flexible, I'm sure when people try them out they will post their reviews.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

Storm

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:43 am

xeo wrote:Storm:

Please don't take this the wrong way, and this is not meant to be disrespectful, but... I'd just like to ask you, based on what I've heard and seen about these picks... why do they flex so much? It seems these picks lack every fundamental essential utility and quality required to pick high security locks. There's a locksmith on this board that isn't even able to open a Kwikset (real shitty lock) with one of your picks (h2). Who designed them? What locks were used to test these picks? Did you even do any market research and compare your product to the existing commercially available tools? Was the flex and weakness a deliberate feature? Surely a hardcore lockpicker will know, strength is the number one quality. Certain locks demand and require pick strength to open. I think you should strongly (pun intended) consider this in the future.

Just to give you a point of comparison. Your H2 pick is ~.023 inches wide. A Peterson Government Steel Slender Hook is ~.014 to ~.018. Comparing the strength alone, the Peterson pick is about 700 quadrillion times stronger. As a consumer and hobbyist lockpicker this point alone is enough to deter me from purchasing a Storm pick.

Again, please consider these words are constructive criticism. I respect you for producing lock picking tools.

Thanks

Hi XEO,

Thanks for bringing this up, although this has been covered else where in a thread, but to re alliterate...

Some of you may not be aware but we have 8 hooks in our range.

H1 & H2 are feeler hooks, to aid in identify the position of pins, hence the very genital feed back given.

H3 & H4 Were designed for SPP, but were made over extended, so that they could be bespoked by the individual user. As some people prefer a flat tip whilst, others prefer a tip with a radius.

H5, H6, H7 were designed as standard hooks to be used as they are.

H8 was designed so that the user could bespoke the length of the curve at the tip, so that it could be used on a specif lock... hence the over size radius.

So as you can see there has been a great deal of thought gone into producing a range of over 60 different picks and Tension Wrenches.

And although there are many pick that are designed for the novice, we also have focused on designing a part range for the more advanced, who are used to bespoking picks to their individual style of picking or a pick to be lock / type specific.

I hope this goes someway to explaining why we have a larger range than most and why we have designed specific picks within it.

If you have any confusion or are unsure of which picks to purchase, then please pm me and i am more than happy to assist.

Many purchasers who have bought our hooks have been very happy with them, but you right its about choosing the right tool for the right job.

To assist in this and from previous feedback we have added this information onto our site.

With much respect,

Storm
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed May 25, 2011 3:05 am

Storm wrote:H1 & H2 are feeler hooks, to aid in identify the position of pins, hence the very genital feed back given.

Genital feedback -- awesome! That's what I've been looking for in a feeler pick. Kokomolock didn't say anything about the genital feedback. :smile:

Genital feedback aside I am seriously considering purchasing some Storm picks but I am conflicted because I haven't read many positive reviews.
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Mon May 30, 2011 5:33 pm

I'm disappointed to say that the 1 pick that I purchased from Storm (the K3 rake) has broken on me!! I bought it with a view to ordering a set should it impress me!

I'm not heavy handed by any means and after testing the strength of them at the locksmith expo I was under the impression that this would not happen, at least not for a good while yet.

I realise that they come with a lifetime guarantee and will be sending mine back for a replacement ASAP. I'm just a little let down that it's broken on me so soon. P&P is an annoying outlay too.

Southord, Majestic, HPC and even GOSO have outlasted this pick.
<<

huxleypig

Post Tue May 31, 2011 8:51 am

Well I'm happy to say that I got a reply from Storm today saying that it was their first breakage return and that they were sending out a replacement AND a K4 too FOC.

So kudos to Storm, you can't grumble at that can you? Presuming they come, of course (which I have every faith they will)!
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue May 31, 2011 12:06 pm

Storm please send me free picks and I will evaluate them on HD video on Medeco and ASSA locks. Thanks in advance!
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

huxleypig

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:34 am

Hmmm, well still no replacement pick(s).

I sent my 2 pieces back to them recorded delivery so there'd be no shenanigans regarding me telling the truth etc.

So it's gone from sending out the replacement ASAP on Tuesday (so I'd expect it Weds, Thurs at the latest) to it being Friday and still nothing.

Good intentions are great but if intentions are all they remain then they're worth bugger all...
<<

huxleypig

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:05 am

Well guys, just a quick update - after not getting owt for 6 days I reminded them about it and got my replacement (along with a K4 FOC) the next day.

So (eventually) well done to Storm!
<<

mrplurality

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:25 pm

Unfortunate that this is my first post, but I'm wondering if anyone who had storm picks shipped internationally could indicate how long it took...I placed an order three weeks ago, was emailed that they shipped 4 days later, and I still don't have the picks. I've also emailed Storm a couple of times asking for either tracking info or shipping method and received no reply. I'm on the east cost in the US. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
<<

mech

Familiar Face

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:56 am

What ever happened to the carbon fibre picks?
http://www.youtube.com/duction
www.Lockpick.co
Previous

Return to Product Reviews