FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

LAB Picks

<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:20 pm

LAB Picks

This is the LAB LPT-013 17 Piece set. Included are 7 double ended picks, 4 tension tools, 6 rubber handles and 1 tri-fold case. The set retails for 49.95 and can be purchased from lockpickshop.com. The are made from stainless steel and are .025" thick. I have been using this set a lot this weekend and really liking all the different hooks. The feedback is good thru the handles and the handles are quite comfortable. When I first received the set I did not care for it much because the picks do flex a little more than I am used to so I put them in my tool box, that is why the set still looks new. Now that I know how to pick the flex is fine, I have not bent one yet and have had no problems picking any of the common stuff I threw at them. http://www.lab-lockpins.com/htm/tools_picks.html. Here are a few pictures of the set.

All in all a good set, a little thick for a lot of euro locks but could be thinned down. Not a set for beginners because I believe they would be a little heavy handed with them and end up bending the picks. You can never have too many picks :smile: !!!
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:33 pm

Re: LAB Picks

Those lab tensors are very weak.. I've broken two of them... the metal fractured right off.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:37 pm

I'm surprised it's so flexy at .025, looks like a decent set if you don't mind bare picks.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:53 pm

Picture 37.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

whizdumb

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:02 pm

You sure you never bent one of them Kokomo? The second picture (the one with the variety of hook with the black handles) picks number 1,3,4,6 (left to right) all kinda looked bent at center shaft or at least extremely fatigued to me. Could be the picture..
Whizdumb81 wrote:You can't handle the DCAP
xe0 wrote:how about a peterson gov steel baseball bat so i can thwap motherfuckers
ecksdee wrote:To learn to pick locks is to learn how to speak a language spoken only in whispers and riddles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HobbyPicker
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:37 pm

whizdumb81 wrote:You sure you never bent one of them Kokomo? The second picture (the one with the variety of hook with the black handles) picks number 1,3,4,6 (left to right) all kinda looked bent at center shaft or at least extremely fatigued to me. Could be the picture..

I don't think that I have. Click on the link for the website, that is just how they look.

xeo wrote:Those lab tensors are very weak.. I've broken two of them... the metal fractured right off.

Case in point, Not for Beginners!! :fu: LOL, I would say maybe you had a bad one but with 2 of em doing the same thing to you, maybe they are weak, no problems with mine so far. How long did you use em before they broke???
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:35 pm

KokomoLock wrote:Case in point, Not for Beginners!! :fu: LOL, I would say maybe you had a bad one but with 2 of em doing the same thing to you, maybe they are weak, no problems with mine so far. How long did you use em before they broke???

hahaha man I was trying to pick my kwikset 2 pinner and SNAP! Just kidding... I used the fucking shit out of their biggest thickest one of the three they sell, and I was using my normal tension strenght (the same I'd apply to a peterson prybar or a standard twistflex $2 wrench),and bam, it snapped right off. I'd say I used it for a good 4-5 hours worth of picking.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

dsd5150

Post Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:12 pm

I purchased the 11 piece set (same as the 17 minus 1 pick and the 6 rubber sleeves as they provide 1)about 5 or so years ago and LOVE them... I too did snap one of the tension tools also and pretty much discarded them from my kit with the exception of the prong wrench.

Did not care for the slip-on handles, but did like the picks.

The only addition that I have made was heat shrinking the handles. This did not kill feedback and made them much more user-friendly for me.

I would recommend these to any non-heavy handed user as they are the same thickness of standard Petersons and maneuver very well in most if not all but the most restrictive keyways I have used them on. Some of the rakes act as Bogotas when used with that technique IMO.

The 6 picks reside in 2 slots of my "carry" kit which is a combination of Peterson, LAB, SO, Rytan and other tools...
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:49 pm

Hey, is that a Rytan plug spinner in your case?
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

dsd5150

Post Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:58 pm

Yes on the spinner... it is their cheapo model, but it fits nicely in my case and has worked flawlessly over about five years... Used it way too many times to count and not a single issue with replacing parts, etc. Probably one of the least expensive, but most bang for the buck purchases I have ever made on picking equipment...

Return to Product Reviews