FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

HPC 9120RM Key Duplicator

<<

CrookieMonster

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:52 am

HPC 9120RM Key Duplicator

i just came across one if these and id like to know i there is anyway of modding it so you can manually cut keys (maybe adding a lever or something).. it looks like this..
two questions:
does anyone know where // how to mod it so i can add a lever
2. where i can find the manual for it.. ive scoured google..

i just got into this hobby and i really dont need a duplicator id much rather have a semi-manual machine.. if i cant figure out how to mod this then im sure itll be for trade soon..
edited: semi-manual
edit: added an ebay link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0787738736
Last edited by CrookieMonster on Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

MacGyver101

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:01 am

Re: HPC 9120RM Key Duplicator

I saw your question on another forum, and was a bit confused there as well... by "manually cut keys" do you mean "cut keys to code"? (e.g., you have no original, but want to cut a key to a code of "46523"?) If so, I image that investing in a few sets of depth-and-space keys is probably your best bet. (Or I may be completely misunderstanding your question?)
<<

CrookieMonster

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:18 am

MacGyver101 wrote:I saw your question on another forum, and was a bit confused there as well... by "manually cut keys" do you mean "cut keys to code"? (e.g., you have no original, but want to cut a key to a code of "46523"?) If so, I image that investing in a few sets of depth-and-space keys is probably your best bet. (Or I may be completely misunderstanding your question?)

i am a total newbie and i understood that the lever is for cutting the keys at any depth youd like(without having the original)..
refering to the question.. i guess i meant semi-manual? i definitely want to be able to use this thing to cut at any depth without having another key to duplicate..
i was asking if it could at all possibly be modded to something like this? they are both the same model(one just had a lever)
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:39 am

The lever model is simply for duplicating as well, it's just another way to trace your key. They do make an add-on for these machines for code cutting, I have never seen one in person so I have no idea how they do it, the kit cost something like $150 dollars, though I think I would just invest in depth and space keys, they work as well for limited code cutting. And as I am thinking, only certain models of the speedex, like the one pictured take the kit, at least one model does not, I don't remember what one is the oddball, sorry.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

CrookieMonster

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:05 am

the lockpickkid wrote:The lever model is simply for duplicating as well, it's just another way to trace your key. They do make an add-on for these machines for code cutting, I have never seen one in person so I have no idea how they do it, the kit cost something like $150 dollars, though I think I would just invest in depth and space keys, they work as well for limited code cutting. And as I am thinking, only certain models of the speedex, like the one pictured take the kit, at least one model does not, I don't remember what one is the oddball, sorry.

do you know of a good source for space // depth keys? ill mostlikely only been cutting kwikset5-6 pin and schilage5-6 pin..
i dont want to have to invest a bunch of money in a full range of keys when i first need to practice using this machine and those keytypes are the ones that ill be using most..
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:35 am

http://www.lockpicks.com/depthkeys.aspx has space and depth keys for both Schlage and Kwikset, though they are about $24.00 per set.

http://www.bumpkeyshop.com/Depth-Keys/?page=2 has the same sets for right around $20.00

and this site http://www.interstatetools.net/space.htm has them for right around $17.00 per set. I haven't dealt with this site so I don't know of its reputation or customer service.

The other two sites above I have dealt with and have had no problem with. Hope this helps.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:53 pm

I double checked and it doesn't appear that either of our sponsors carry them, however, they also turn up on ebay VERY often. Especially in this category... http://business.shop.ebay.com/Locksmith ... ml?_npmv=3
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

CrookieMonster

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:59 pm

thanks for the info guys.. one last question.. does anyone know where i can find the manual for this machine? i cant seem to find it..
<<

dsd5150

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:58 am

http://www.hpcworld.com/km/kmmanuals/index.html

Your manual can be found here...

Return to Product Reviews