FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Keedex lever opening tool

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:18 pm

Keedex lever opening tool

I have had a k22 keedex lever opening tool for a long time now and thought I would post a review in case anybody ever thought of purchasing one of these for lockout jobs for door with lever sets.

I have practiced with this tool a little bit and I find it to be a little bit of a chore to use, but once you get the feel for it it works really well. When picking a lock seems to be failing you and you try to shim to no avail this is a tool that will bypass most common lever locks. I simply slide the tool under the door put it straight up and down in the inside, pull it to the far corner of the door opposite the lever and slant the inside over toward the lever, then pull on the cable, and most of the time it will open the door, almost like magic but a little more work! If you purchase a tool like this you will be satisfied with it the first time you open a door, but be prepared to work at it a little bit, with practice it should come to be a little easier. I can't remember what I paid for mine but one paid lockout call and it will pay for itself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

GutterClown

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:21 am

Re: Keedex lever opening tool

Champion little ideas, but like most automotive entry tools, can be made by yourself with some heavy gauge fencing wire.

The concept can be tricky to understand at first, so all I did was customized it to suit a lever-handled door infront of me.

Most locks (in AUS) are generally mounted to a specific hight, so making one tool to fit most doors was easy.
But to factor in that cheeky one-off that's mounted too high, i left a farly large loop on the handle side, so I can make is suit the situation.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:54 am

Re: Keedex lever opening tool

It definantly is a little tricky to use, and you can make one yourself, my problem was I just didn't have anything to model to make one. Once you get the hang of this tool, it does get a little bit easier.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.

Return to Product Reviews