FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Pick set suggestion.

<<

miamited

Post Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:02 pm

Pick set suggestion.

If this is in the wrong place, please move. I am new here and this looked like the right area.

I am looking for a decent pick set. I am just starting so obviously I don't want to spend a lot of money. I got this set from amazon and in one week one of the pics broke. Luckily there was enough sticking out to pull out the broken section out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081N ... UTF8&psc=1

Thanks
<<

gnarus8429

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:59 am

Re: Pick set suggestion.

For picks off the shelf I always suggest the HPC Tyro set. Its about $20 and doesn't have a bunch of useless crap in the set. I would also suggest learning to make some on your own as well. A dremel, vise, sandpaper, and file will get you a ton of custom homemade picks. You could get that whole setup around $50 at harbor freight. Even the HPC picks will benefit from a good polishing prior to use so those tools are useful even if you don't totally make your own. Nothing is better that popping open a lock with a set you made yourself.
I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
-Albert Einstein
<<

LockpickingChef

Post Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: Pick set suggestion.

I started with one of the cheaper southord sets, though I like my Dangerfield serenity as well. It has a few more specialized picks and rakes and is fairly affordable. While your at it you should pick up a couple Peterson gems and a . 015 gem you'll be happy later. But like he said you can't beat homemade.
Hope that helps

Return to Product Reviews