FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

How To Make Your Own Tubular Lockpick

Forum rules
A section for neophytes learning the hobby!

Learn the requisite skills watching videos of other experienced members in action.

Post TUTORIAL videos only!
<<

l0ckp1cker

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 14, 2009 4:11 am

How To Make Your Own Tubular Lockpick

I made a manual on how to make your own tubular lock pick from an existing tubular key.

Here's the link to the manual (pdf format).

and here's a video of the pick in use:

I hope it helps someone ;)
Started picking on 23 Feb 2009. Current Stats: Picked 164 different locks so far.
Latest Victory: ABUS EC75/50
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu May 14, 2009 1:44 pm

Re: How To Make Your Own Tubular Lockpick

Another great addition to the site.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Thu May 14, 2009 2:27 pm

Im sure it will bud, thanks again :D
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:59 pm

I tried to make this pick a couple of days ago, the problem I had was that I couldn't grind the grooves in my key deep enough without grinding through, I couldn't get them deep enough to allow the key to go into the lock with the fingers along the side. It may have been my key that I started with though. Anybody make one of these have the same problem?
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

l0ckp1cker

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:33 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:I tried to make this pick a couple of days ago, the problem I had was that I couldn't grind the grooves in my key deep enough without grinding through, I couldn't get them deep enough to allow the key to go into the lock with the fingers along the side. It may have been my key that I started with though. Anybody make one of these have the same problem?

I guess it's the key.
I have some other tubular locks as well which are so thin that it's practically impossible to grind them for this purpose ;)
Started picking on 23 Feb 2009. Current Stats: Picked 164 different locks so far.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:56 am

I think that was the case with my key, it was just too thin, that is a good idea you had though, I just need to find different keys to make me one!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

l0ckp1cker

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:14 am

Keep in mind though that it will only work on locks where that key fits.
But that also applies to the commercial picks of course :)
<<

HiNtZ

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:59 am

If anyone is interested, I'm going to take my spare key and mill the channels out nicely. If I pull it off I'll get some more in and put them up here to save any fingers getting cut off with a dremel ;)
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:57 am

cool Hintz that would be awesome, the key I used did fit the keyway, I just couldn't mill it thin enough to fit without grinding through to the inside of the key.
<<

l0ckp1cker

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:18 pm

HiNtZ wrote:If anyone is interested, I'm going to take my spare key and mill the channels out nicely. If I pull it off I'll get some more in and put them up here to save any fingers getting cut off with a dremel ;)

I have some more keys left, let me know if I should send them ;)
<<

HiNtZ

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:53 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:cool Hintz that would be awesome, the key I used did fit the keyway, I just couldn't mill it thin enough to fit without grinding through to the inside of the key.

That's ok mate, I didn't mean to rain in on your parade. I used to set about my locks with a dremel and totally f*ck them up :lol: but the main thing was that it worked right there and then....

With the machine I can work to such minute tolerances and go at my own pace with a cut..... the dremel days was a one time cut, as in 'Do it once, and in one swoop'. All good fun though!

L0ckp1cker, I will surely be needing a few keys if the lads want one each. Let me get a prototype done tomorrow and we'll go from there.

Totally a non profit thing by the way, if postage is covered, I'm happy. (Obviously I'm only looking to do about 10-20, I don't want to supply the world.... just you lot here.

Cheers,

Spence
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:48 pm

Well I am broke anyway, but it would be nice to have one, I still owe a Van lock to lockpicker but I just don't have the cash till next week, Its crazy when you want to help somebody but they have to wait on you till you get money! I would be interested in one of these though, but I may just try to dig up a better key to make one myself.
<<

l0ckp1cker

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:06 am

No problem HiNtZ, if there's room for improvement then that's always a good thing ;)
PM me your address and I'll see how many I can dig up. I got a few from these and a few from other old laptop locks.

@lockpickkid, no problem mate, take your time, I'll make sure I'll send you something nice in return ;)
<<

HiNtZ

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:30 am

I've already had someone PM me for one and they are also broke!

I suggested they post here to perhaps combine postage if they are in the same country as other users who want on. Then they can send the keys on through the internal mail system which will be cheaper.
<<

HiNtZ

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:55 am

Here's my first attempt at doing it. The only problem I ran in to was flex in the 3mm attachment and also since I can only have the key in the vice at straight angles it makes it difficult to line up as i have to move both the tables on the machine toget a diagonal movement to line up to the notches.

Anyhoo, here's one I made earlier (as they say)!

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1309/cimg6072.jpg

It was a rush job to see how the attachment and machine behave with these cuts. so not perfect.
Next

Return to Tutorials