Page 1 of 1

Unlock Fichet Bauche lock's Type M2I, M2B, M3B and MXB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:43 pm
by OutillageSerrurier
In this video I will open a Fichet Bauche M2B Safe Lock with a tool made by me, This tool is designed and created by me and no one but me made this tool semi-automatic,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxB5HzV_Fmc&t=4s

This tools is able to Open Fichet Bauche safe lock's Type M2I, M2B, M3B and MXB, In the video i explain how is done, first stage is to decode the lock it self with the decoder made by me to find out wich one is YES or NO, if the decoder is going all in then is a YES if the decoder is not going all in then is a NO, after that we need to assemble the tool and proceed with the funny part wich is Open in, the opening time is quite fast some time's it can take 15 sec some time 2 Min .

Re: Unlock Fichet Bauche lock's Type M2I, M2B, M3B and MXB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:37 pm
by MartinHewitt
Nice!

Because you have built the decoder and are French ... We had the other day a discussion about the differences of the M... locks. And we all could only roughly guess. Could you please enlighten us?

Re: Unlock Fichet Bauche lock's Type M2I, M2B, M3B and MXB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:54 am
by OutillageSerrurier
MartinHewitt wrote:Nice!

Because you have built the decoder and are French ... We had the other day a discussion about the differences of the M... locks. And we all could only roughly guess. Could you please enlighten us?


Thank you,

Well this tool is working on series's M... MXB, M2B,M3B and M2i, the they all have something in commune witch is the (blades/levers), the existing decoder witch is for sale on all over the places for this of lock is not precise, that's why i decided to make this decoder to determine the cutting angle by palpation they are 2 cutting angles possibility witch are high and low, so this is commune on all 4 of them,

The M2B and M3B are basically the same there is not to much difference between them, but the MXB is different they placed an mobile element witch is a small 'ball' and the the key cut is sharper, MXB has also an key-protected anti-picking input so to pick it with traditional tools it is more likely impossible in my opinion, they also put inside fake gates so is a quite solid Lock but my tool is able to pick it even more fast then the M2B and M3B :) ,

The M2i Lock, is really special the key entry is very different compared to the M2B, M3B and MX2 i mean my first tool the small one is is entering without any issue in the M2B, M3B and MXB but not on the M2i lock ( To be honest i think that they made this lock because of my tools ) so i developed a bigger tool witch is working on all 4 of them M2i included and the entry key is not an issue anymore, the key of the M2i has a sharp shape,

So the M2B/M3B are not different, the MXB is different because of the entry key and the security element and the M2i is different because of the key cut and the key entry witch is sharp shape,

If you guys have any particular question about them just let me know

Re: Unlock Fichet Bauche lock's Type M2I, M2B, M3B and MXB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:30 pm
by MartinHewitt
Thanks. I have a ball lock and thought it would be a M3B. So it isn't. Which one of these is or was EN1300 certified? Are all these locks also called as a group name Monopole? Or is the Monopole only the older one with the round cuts? And then I have heard about a B2b.

The lowest grade of EN1300 requires a lock to be resistant against manipulation for at least 5 minutes with custom tools. (Until 2019 it was 15 minutes.) With all the nice tools it is not unlikely, that nearly all even higher level locks will fall under these 5 minutes. But as there are now basic locks that are certified for years or even decades which can be opened with quite basic custom tools in less than the relaxed 5 minutes, I doubt tools like yours will have any influence on certification. Might possibly be actually a win situation for all. Burglars don't use these tools, so there is no damage. Manufacturers don't have to to pay higher testing fees. Locksmiths can open them easier. Owners pay less for the openings and possibly also for the lock. And you sell your tools.

Re: Unlock Fichet Bauche lock's Type M2I, M2B, M3B and MXB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:57 pm
by OutillageSerrurier
MartinHewitt wrote:Thanks. I have a ball lock and thought it would be a M3B. So it isn't. Which one of these is or was EN1300 certified? Are all these locks also called as a group name Monopole? Or is the Monopole only the older one with the round cuts? And then I have heard about a B2b.

The lowest grade of EN1300 requires a lock to be resistant against manipulation for at least 5 minutes with custom tools. (Until 2019 it was 15 minutes.) With all the nice tools it is not unlikely, that nearly all even higher level locks will fall under these 5 minutes. But as there are now basic locks that are certified for years or even decades which can be opened with quite basic custom tools in less than the relaxed 5 minutes, I doubt tools like yours will have any influence on certification. Might possibly be actually a win situation for all. Burglars don't use these tools, so there is no damage. Manufacturers don't have to to pay higher testing fees. Locksmiths can open them easier. Owners pay less for the openings and possibly also for the lock. And you sell your tools.


- Which one of these is or was EN1300 certified?
All of them are A2P ( EN1300 certified ) the M2B/M3B/MXB and M2i ,

-Are all these locks also called as a group name Monopole?
No, Monopol is not part of the M series's Monopol is the oldest one in fact and after the monopol they created this series of lock M2B/M3B/MXB and M2i , but the funny fact here is that i use unable to create a semi-automatic tool for monopol like i did with the M serie's i have also a tool for monopol but it is manual and honestly it will take me around 1/2 hours to pick it... what is old has better security from what i see in fichet world....

Also i already got some letters from fiches about my tools but i explained them very well that they should make better lock's in steed of blame me that i make tools for Locksmiths, i also have Locksmiths that contact me and asking me why my tools are expensive i explain them that i get pay around 2000/3000 euro to open a fichet safe because if you call fichet they will destroy your safe to make you buy a new one and a new one 'good one' cost around +5000 euro because if the lock get destroyed the insurance will refuse to compensate the costumers since the safe use already damage, so in most of the case i just open the safe with my tools and i make the costumers new keys and every one is happy... i open around 20/30 fichet safe's per year in france and sometime i travel around the world to open them.. since i also have solution for 4-digit code MC4 Locks On Carena, Millium and Valois, also this tool with laser use invented by me, i also use to build tools for LEA

Re: Unlock Fichet Bauche lock's Type M2I, M2B, M3B and MXB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:22 am
by MartinHewitt
Gunnebo is famous for not doing good safe opening.

Unfortunately there is no incentive for them to make better locks. The customer needs a rated safe for insurance. For this safe he needs a rated lock. Other than this the customer understands how the lock is used and what it costs. If he wants a rated key lock, than he has a selection of different locks. The sole difference for him is then price. Cheapest is best. If the end of the sales chain wants cheapest then the cheapest will be produced.

Re: Unlock Fichet Bauche lock's Type M2I, M2B, M3B and MXB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:16 am
by OutillageSerrurier
MartinHewitt wrote:Gunnebo is famous for not doing good safe opening.

Unfortunately there is no incentive for them to make better locks. The customer needs a rated safe for insurance. For this safe he needs a rated lock. Other than this the customer understands how the lock is used and what it costs. If he wants a rated key lock, than he has a selection of different locks. The sole difference for him is then price. Cheapest is best. If the end of the sales chain wants cheapest then the cheapest will be produced.


Well said costumers want cheap and good, which I understand and in some cases cheap locks are good but in most cases it is exactly the opposite, 3 days a go i got a call from a costumer telling me that criminals break in his house and try to open his safe (Barabar stile ) the safe use very damage i use unable to open it with my tools and the end after 3 hours of working i manage to open it, it use a Fichet bauche Millium 700 kilograms with an MXB Lock on it and a Nectra lock, the good part use that since is his safe he know the cod and the lock use MXB, the bad part is that the the self-defense mechanism was triggered and when it is triggered it stays that way for 3 days even if you have the nectra code and the key you can't open it, at the end the costumer ask me witch safe he should buy and how much will cost his to remove the old damage safe and i told him to buy the same safe witch cost around 5000/6000 Euro and he refuse he told me is to expensive and i explain him that if he get a cheaper safe the insurance will never refund him in case of a new problem..... and he told me that he is not insured, this is quite bad since the criminals even if they did not got the safe content they have still created a 20.000 euro damage :(

And finally what i did advice him is like i always do -1 Get a good safe place inside some magazines and 2 two bottles of water and leave it to a visible place, -2 get a normal safe and hide it well and place your objects inside because 99% of criminals when they break in a place they will see the safe they will think the real objects are inside and they will not even start locking all over the places in the house they will work on that safe :)

Re: Unlock Fichet Bauche lock's Type M2I, M2B, M3B and MXB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:14 pm
by MartinHewitt
I did look a bit more into the different lock models.

M2B and M3B are the most easily identifiable, or maybe the only identifiable because of stickers. Short Zamak case and small levers. 7 push and tilt, 1 tilt. The slot in the levers is towards the key. No false gates. The M3B has a ball at the tilt-only lever.

Then there is the long brass lock with long levers and false gates. 8 push and tilt levers. The slot in the levers is away from the key. No ball. My guess is, that this is a M2i.

In current lists of certified locks I found only the MxB-B and MxB-C, where the last letter is related to the rating. I found no location where I can buy these. I just found a few little photo, which these locks might be, or not. It seems the key way is longer than in the M2B/M3B. This might be the "key-protected anti-picking input" you mentioned. Of course I don't know any difference between B and C.

Re: Unlock Fichet Bauche lock's Type M2I, M2B, M3B and MXB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:50 pm
by OutillageSerrurier
MartinHewitt wrote:I did look a bit more into the different lock models.

M2B and M3B are the most easily identifiable, or maybe the only identifiable because of stickers. Short Zamak case and small levers. 7 push and tilt, 1 tilt. The slot in the levers is towards the key. No false gates. The M3B has a ball at the tilt-only lever.

Then there is the long brass lock with long levers and false gates. 8 push and tilt levers. The slot in the levers is away from the key. No ball. My guess is, that this is a M2i.

In current lists of certified locks I found only the MxB-B and MxB-C, where the last letter is related to the rating. I found no location where I can buy these. I just found a few little photo, which these locks might be, or not. It seems the key way is longer than in the M2B/M3B. This might be the "key-protected anti-picking input" you mentioned. Of course I don't know any difference between B and C.



M2B and M3B are the most easily identifiable, or perhaps the only ones identifiable thanks to the stickers.
Short Zamak casing and small levers. 7 pushes and tilts, 1 tilt.
The slot in the levers faces the key.
No false doors.

MXB-B is identical to M3B but bottom of keys with a smaller diameter of 1.5 mm and the levers have a false door. An extension on the keyhole is installed to prevent the use of the 1st generation (before 2012) manual umbrella from safevanture
Then there is the long brass lock with long levers and false doors. 8 push and tilt levers. The slot in the levers is away from the key.
No ball. I assume it is an M2i. absolutely or MxB-C
In current listings of certified locks, I have only found MxB-B and MxB-C, where the last letter is linked to the rating. RELATED TO QUALITY. LEVEL OF RESISTANCE / CERTIFICATION
I couldn't find any place where I can buy them. I just found some small pictures, that these locks could be, or not. It seems that the key path is longer than in the M2B/M3B.

It could be the "key-protected anti-picking entrance" you mentioned. ANTIPICKING IS THE FALSE DOORS on Mxb-B and MxB-C/M2 i
Of course, I don't know any difference between B and C. THERE ARE 5 SAFE LOCK QUALITY CLASS: ABCD & E (E being for class XII safe/vault and A for class E safe, B for safe I to III)

I did try to upload a picture here but i don't know who to do it, so you can find a picture at this link with the Lock MXB-C and MXB-B https://www.outillage-serrurier.com/tou ... errurerie/

PS- Sorry for my English i use google translate....