FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

WTB - William Lynk books for SFIC

<<

8core

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:33 am

WTB - William Lynk books for SFIC

I'm looking to buy the two SFIC books by William Lynk entitled "Interchangeable Cores: Small Format" and "SFIC: Advanced."

Yes, I know they're available at his website iclsglobal.com and also at locksmithmart.com, but the books are pricey when purchased new. Does anybody have used or NOS copy they might part with for a more affordable rate?

Thanks much :sfic:
<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:01 pm

Re: WTB - William Lynk books for SFIC

If you have a used bookstore(s) near you they are usually networked with other sellers nationally or even globally. Just make sure you have the titles and more importantly the ISBN # on hand and let them know what you are willing to pay for the books you want. It"s usually the best way to find used books it also helps if you get to know your local resellers as they will tend to give better prices if you are a regular customer. Plus reading a book beats the hell out of watching the "boob tube".

Good Hunting Doogs
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

8core

Familiar Face

Post Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:12 am

Hey, thanks for the tip. That's a really smart idea. I had just focused my search online and didn't consider seeking out the services of a brick & mortar used bookstore. Next time I'll do just that. As for the William Lynk books, it turns out they are difficult to source used... but as the content seems really useful, I just went ahead and ordered them new. Excited to digest their knowledge.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:03 pm

they are well worth the cost. he is a tremendous teacher and person!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:30 pm

I agree with Jeff. I have taken his classes at ALOA. He is a very knowledgeable and quite animated in his instruction. A really interesting class! I also have the books on disk, they are worth the expense.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

8core

Familiar Face

Post Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:22 pm

The two SFIC books by William Lynk were really helpful and informative, in particular the second Advanced book. That book is well worth its asking price. While much of the basic knowledge was reprinted again in the Advanced book, the first was a quick to digest and a good recap of small format 101. I'll definitely hang on to the books for reference. Onto the next read now... diving into Master Keying by the Numbers by Billy B. Edwards Jr., CML.

If anyone has further book recommendations on master keying specific to interchangeable cores (and in general), I'd love to hear them.

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade