FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Ilco mini key machine

<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:24 am

Ilco mini key machine

Ilco with 7.5 foot cord. Sharp cutting wheel. About 8 lbs. $80 includes standard shipping to lower 48 address.
https://imgur.com/a/9uieVSQ
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

just1pick+open

Post Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:02 pm

Re: Ilco mini key machine

PM sent
xeo: i use an electric buzzer exclusively for my ass that gets sanitized afterwards
PhoneMan: would have freaked my friend out if hed come over
MBI: Most anything goes.
PhoneMan: way to give me nightmares
selim: ok then blow your load,, i'll take anything free now a day's
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:10 pm

With an upgraded cutter. Very nice! Those came with rotary files originally, I am not a fan of those. I used one of these for many years. I think I still have 2 of them kicking around the shop. These machines aren't fancy but they sure are work horses.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:22 pm

mastersmith wrote:With an upgraded cutter. Very nice! Those came with rotary files originally, I am not a fan of those. I used one of these for many years. I think I still have 2 of them kicking around the shop. These machines aren't fancy but they sure are work horses.

I'm not a fan of the RFs either so I changed to a CU-5. The RFs are good enough for the Belsaw 200s.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

L4R3L2

Post Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:25 am

I'm curious what you mean by a rotary file. One of my Mitrometrics (virtually the same machine, if not the same) has what I believe is the original cutter, and it seems to cut fine for me. The cutter on my other Micrometric was pretty worn, so I replaced it with a CW-23RM and it works great.
<<

L4R3L2

Post Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:10 am

When I hear rotary file, I picture a Rolodex for some reason. lol! Seriously, though, I'm still wondering how a rotary file differs from a standard single-cut cutting wheel. Anyone?
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:31 pm

A milling cutter has larger "teeth" around the cutter. A rotary file has very fine "teeth" . The RF cutters have less life and are not nearly as efficient as a milling cutter. The RF cutters really do "file" their way through the key, leaving very fine dust as debris. The milling cutters leave larger filings as debris.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

L4R3L2

Post Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:02 am

I see. Thank you. So it's not so much a matter of the type of teeth, as the size? It seems one could look at one cutter and say, yup, this is a milling cutter. Look at another and say, yup, this is a rotary file. But then there may be some in between that could be considered either coarse rotary files or fine milling cutters, if I'm understanding correctly?

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade