FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

WTB - Bulk Mul-T-Locks

<<

droshi

Familiar Face

Post Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:03 am

WTB - Bulk Mul-T-Locks

Looking for the Pin-in-pin MTLs for picking practice. If anyone has a good source of bolt drilled cylinders that still work but aren't so usable, let me know! Keys or no keys, doesn't matter, I'd rather have more locks than pristine ones with keys and cards.
<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Re: WTB - Bulk Mul-T-Locks

Dude, I've been trying this as well and I've just come up completely blank. In the end I bought a few clapped out Classics second hand off of eBay, and paid full price for 2 x Interactives and 1 x MT5+ brand new ex Israel. Cost me a bloody arm and a leg.

I've scrounged a few on loan from Boris (zbzzn, a bloody good picker who I don't think is on here but is very active on uklocksport) in Israel but they're not-for-sharing and have to go back.

If you manage to come up with a source, let me know and I'll go in with you financially and we'll build up a pool of these things.

Michael.

Edited to add: Money is no object. This is my 2017 project and I'm serious about this, if anyone (especially you guys who are lucky enough to be in the trade) has a line to these things then put your hand up and we'll deal.
<<

oldlock

Familiar Face

Post Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:22 pm

http://www.bitlock.com.au/ a little closer to home perhaps ..
Bramah Australasia
http://www.bramah.com.au

The above link has been approved by the site admin.
<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:33 pm

oldlock wrote:http://www.bitlock.com.au/ a little closer to home perhaps ..

Yeah, I've thought about having a go at those guys in desperation. I've found in the past that asking wholesalers and distributors gets you nowhere fast - they view hobbyists with a great deal of suspicion which I guess is justified from their point of view - but it might be worth a nudge. Retail locksmiths tend to either look at you as if you're something they scraped off their shoe, OR quickly become very enthusiastic and are as helpful as hell and give you stuff left right and centre.

Weirdly of all the manufacturers Lockwood seems to be the most helpful, dunno why.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll let you know how I get on.

Michael.
<<

oldlock

Familiar Face

Post Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:42 pm

I'm sure they sell retail and if approached as a customer wishing to buy as and end user I doubt they would care.

I would not mention the purpose of the purchase IMO.
Bramah Australasia
http://www.bramah.com.au

The above link has been approved by the site admin.
<<

droshi

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:05 pm

MHM wrote:Dude, I've been trying this as well and I've just come up completely blank. In the end I bought a few clapped out Classics second hand off of eBay, and paid full price for 2 x Interactives and 1 x MT5+ brand new ex Israel. Cost me a bloody arm and a leg.

I've scrounged a few on loan from Boris (zbzzn, a bloody good picker who I don't think is on here but is very active on uklocksport) in Israel but they're not-for-sharing and have to go back.

If you manage to come up with a source, let me know and I'll go in with you financially and we'll build up a pool of these things.

Michael.

Edited to add: Money is no object. This is my 2017 project and I'm serious about this, if anyone (especially you guys who are lucky enough to be in the trade) has a line to these things then put your hand up and we'll deal.

Thanks, I've noticed this too, hard to find good eBay deals these days. I always compare to buying a retail Euro double sided MT5+, so any other retail lock just isn't a good deal. Used ones aren't that available. I've heard some locksmiths are friendly, I've just moved so will try to hit up local dealers and see if I can buy scrap.
<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:31 pm

droshi wrote:
Thanks, I've noticed this too, hard to find good eBay deals these days. I always compare to buying a retail Euro double sided MT5+, so any other retail lock just isn't a good deal. Used ones aren't that available. I've heard some locksmiths are friendly, I've just moved so will try to hit up local dealers and see if I can buy scrap.

Let's face it, the worldwide locksport community is tiny, and the subset of guys interested in MTL is even smaller. On top of that, even second hand they're not cheap so very few guys can afford to buy enough of them to get good, and the ones that do, tend to hang onto them for obvious reasons.

Hmm. This really is a problem isn't it?
<<

droshi

Familiar Face

Post Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:59 pm

One guy over on Reddit knows a locksmith that deals MTL. Unfortunately when he got there he sold all his cylinders that were drilled at the mounting screws (but still good for picking) as scrap brass. :(

I fear a lot of awesome locks are destined for the same fate.
<<

UnlockD

Familiar Face

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:02 pm

This is what I have +2 more. Not exactly bulk but it'll do if you're having no luck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

lockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:28 am

I have around 500 mul -t-locks. Shipping from Israel - make me an offer
<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:36 pm

lockpicker wrote:I have around 500 mul -t-locks. Shipping from Israel - make me an offer

Details please, I'm very happy to throw cash at you but I need to know what I'm buying. Models? Mastered? Working keys? Code cards? Padlocks? Euros? What?
<<

lockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:52 am

Hello

Double euros all kinds, classic interactives garssions ect. some have keys some dont
<<

droshi

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:49 pm

UnlockeD is setting me up with his lot. But I know many others would be interested in yours. Post prices you want for them IMO.

I'm still looking for a good deal on a MT5+ with a key, do you have a double-sided euro cylinder?
<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:38 pm

Thread bump. The deal with the Israeli locksmith went nowhere.

I'm still looking for non-mastered MT5+ cores in particular but will consider almost anything.

Thanks,

Michael.
<<

droshi

Familiar Face

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:10 am

My MTL deals have also all fallen through, I'm also on the lookout for MT5 pins if anyone has a source.

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade