FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

wanted assa and ruko!!!!!

<<

nickpicked

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 07, 2015 1:03 pm

wanted assa and ruko!!!!!

Ive been on a long search for anything ruko. If anyone has a line on padlocks or cylinders please let me know!!! Thanks!
-Nick-
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Thu May 07, 2015 1:19 pm

Re: wanted assa and ruko!!!!!

You've posted on this a few times, I'm surprised you haven't found what you wanted. What kind of prices are you looking for? The locks are out there if you're willing to pay realistic prices. Are you just hoping to get a lucky find way below market value or something?
<<

pmaxey83

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 07, 2015 1:20 pm

jeffmoss26: pardon my ignorance to the real world, but what started all this mess in B'more
jeffmoss26: it's bad enough that city has the Ravens

(14:36:27) MBI: I was here for 2 seconds once.
(14:36:27) MBI: kthxbai
<<

nickpicked

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 07, 2015 7:11 pm

Guess I should have been more specific. When I meant anything ruko, I meant plain ruko, before the assa takeover. Ive seen pictures of nice old ruko padlocks and cylinders but I cant find any for sale. Heres an example of a padlock I would be interested in. (Found picture online)

And here a link to some ruko cylinders on ebay, but they are bundled with two cylinders I dont want and at $100 with shipping I dont feel they are worth it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/cylinder-lock-ruko-and-sterling-/271849959006?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f4b852e5e

As for assa im looking for padlocks, like the assa ruko 2, assa ruko 3. No im not expecting unrealistic prices. I paid $60 for a decent assa ruko 2 padlock a few weeks back, but ones not enough I guess lol. I also tried for a really cool assa 3 padlock with a silver body on ebay, but my $100 bid wasnt enough. I was looking for assa pin tumbler and desmo cylinders, but I recently purchased 4 desmos and two 500s and a 700.

Sorry for not being more specific.

-Nick-
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Thu May 07, 2015 8:44 pm

Ah, gotcha.

That clears it up a bit, thanks. I haven't seen what you're looking for recently, but it'll be easier to keep an eye out now.

After hanging out in this community for a number of years now I've found that if there's something you want, you can get it fast or you can get it cheap.

If you're diligent enough to check ebay and the ad boards regularly (I'd say a bare minimum of twice a week), you can most often find what you're looking for at a fair price, if you are willing to wait. If you're in a rush, be prepared to pay a premium.
<<

jimu57

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:14 pm

Looking for something like this.

jim
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:21 pm

jimu57 wrote:Looking for something like this.

jim

The OP is looking for older Ruko locks like he posted in his picture, before the ASSA take over.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

nickpicked

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:37 pm

Actually I caved and started buying some of the new assa ruko padlocks too. I bought a #2 with 500 core, a #2 with 600 core, and a #4-5 with 600 core. Definitely still searching for the old stuff though. I did manage to track down one old ruko padlock. Heres my ruko/assa collection so far. **** Btw the two LFIC assa locks (one twin, on V10) are subassembled. They have finger pins and one blank each but no sidebar. I wasnt aware of this when I purchased them and they were CHEAP. Does anyone know someone who can pin and key these?

<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:44 am

Damn man that is one beatiful collection. I plan to have one my self one day :)
<<

Korver15

Familiar Face

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:12 am

I don't mean to bump a thread but man what a great collection :drool:! Assa is by far my favorite brand. Were you ever able to find someone who was able to pin them? I have not been able to figure out how to buy a sidebar and key.
A wise man once told me I was a unique person. Just like everyone else. Korver15 Channel
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:57 pm

The problem with the sub-assembled locks is that the sidebar has to match the blank. If the keyway matches, and you have a sidebar that matches the blank, then you are golden. Aside from that... good luck.
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

jimu57

Familiar Face

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:48 am

I have a used ASSA RUKO 2 that I am listing on ebay. Its in good shape, has all the cylinder components, sidebar, etc. Also, I have access to buying key blanks and sidebards. I can code cut keys. The sidebar/key combination will be one the open codes. I have keys and sidebars myself that I cannot buy the matching part. They are restricted. But the open codes, I think 599 and 799 (maybe), I can get.

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade