FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Mul T Lock E Series Interactive Dissasembley

<<

omegaman

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:35 am

Re: Mul T Lock E Series Interactive Dissasembley

awesome tutorial not to mention the fact you picked that lock in the first place also some very nice custom tools to do the job (HAHA)

and as other members have said a real accomplishment
<<

uklockpicka

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:23 am

omegaman wrote:awesome tutorial not to mention the fact you picked that lock in the first place also some very nice custom tools to do the job (HAHA)

and as other members have said a real accomplishment

thanks alot mate : )
PERSAVIERNCE IS THE KEY
<<

Dopug

Familiar Face

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:18 am

I think the links are broken, when i click the images i get this message.....

The selected attachment does not exist anymore.

The file ./../files/134_f98698a5e923223d9d24b074d1adbd29 does not exist.
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:02 am

Dopug wrote:I think the links are broken, when i click the images i get this message.....

The selected attachment does not exist anymore.

The file ./../files/134_f98698a5e923223d9d24b074d1adbd29 does not exist.

That is probably because those pictures were lost when this site had an incident a while back...a lot of the older topics lost pictures and such.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

Dopug

Familiar Face

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:14 am

Ah yes, i heard about that incident.

No worries, but wouldnt it be a good idea to either re-upload the pics, or delete the thread?
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:45 am

It would take Elbow and HC a long time to browse through and find every affected thread and delete them. As for re-uploading the photos, some of those members aren't around anymore, or they don't have the photo's anymore.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
<<

Dopug

Familiar Face

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:51 am

true true, if there are a lot of threads it would take a long time, but as this is a sticky it should probably be dealt with
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:31 am

True enough, send Elbow a PM or talk to him about it in the chat when he is on.
<<

Fredo the Crow

Post Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:39 am

HiNtZ wrote:Can anyone tell me what is so 'interactive' about an MTL interactive? (...) I've cut two of these away now, and both had PIP on the interactive pin, but I really can't see how it is an added security measure? The way I see it is that ALL interactive MTL's must have the same interactive combination, meaning if you made an interactive bump key for the other 4 stacks, you wouldn't have to worry about the interactive stack.

First of all there are three different possible interactive elements on the key, each with a different color. They all correspond to a different combination of the associated outer+inner pin stack. You are right to assume that it lowers the possible combinations for that particular stack, compared to the MTL Classic.

Secondly the position of the interactive element is not fixed. It's very often the second outermost pin stack but I've seen cases where it was located on the outermost one. Without seeing the key you can't determine where it is located as all stacks inside the lock look the same.

Finally it is absolutely not meant as an added security measure. The "Interactive" model was developed to replace the expired patent on the "Classic" and renew the protection on key blanks with a new patent, as well as making key reproduction harder overall.
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:32 am

Fredo the Crow wrote:First of all there are three different possible interactive elements on the key, each with a different color. They all correspond to a different combination of the associated outer+inner pin stack. You are right to assume that it lowers the possible combinations for that particular stack, compared to the MTL Classic.

Secondly the position of the interactive element is not fixed. It's very often the second outermost pin stack but I've seen cases where it was located on the outermost one. Without seeing the key you can't determine where it is located as all stacks inside the lock look the same.

Each profile is identified as a letter and a number. For example S266. The letter indicates the color and associated depth of the interactive element. S is silver and has pin Z0. There is also Black and Gold , with Z1 and A0 as pins (don't know in what order).
The first of the numbers indicated the position of the interactive element. Either 1 or 2.
The rest of the number , i presume , is the key warding profile.
"Who are you and how did you get in here ?"
"I'm the locksmith , and i'm a locksmith"
Previous

Return to Mul-T-Lock