FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

my very first rake, bogata (2 waves)

<<

Jc2intelligent

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:02 pm

my very first rake, bogata (2 waves)

ok guys, i don't have very many resources as many of you know from my last YT account. but now i can make picks out of wiper blades (thanks wiz for the idea) but i only have handfiles, so i can take hours on just one pick. but i think it's worth it. tell me if anyone's interested in trading. but i dont have any heat shrink, so if we do trade, you'll have to put the grips on them yourselves (my father wont let me use a lighter)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no matter how good you are there is still room for improvement. if you keep working you will be the best there ever will be. Banned For Persistently Annoying Others After Continually Being Warned. --- Learn From His MistakeImage
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:35 pm

Re: my very first rake, bogata (2 waves)

you need to taper the shaft,but you are on the right track...just keep going..u will get better and better results every time u make a tool..and 4 hrs on one QUALITY tool is a drop in the ocean...i do 4 hrs on one boga EZ.....but i strive for the best i can possibly do with what i have @ hand...
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

Jc2intelligent

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:38 pm

what do you mean by tapering the shaft? that i should narrow the shaft down to a smaller size?
no matter how good you are there is still room for improvement. if you keep working you will be the best there ever will be. Banned For Persistently Annoying Others After Continually Being Warned. --- Learn From His MistakeImage
<<

m0ose

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:00 pm

Not bad for a first pick. The more you do the better you'll get, lets put it that way. Also, for handles, if it fits you hand and doesn't cut you to ribbons, than it's a good handle. :P My first handles were made of duck tape.

One suggestion you might want to try for your next pick is a simple hook. Honestly, a hook will one day be your friend, and learning to make them is great. Plus, they are a good starting point.

And on a last note, no matter how ugly your picks look, if they preform and get the job done, then they are a good pick to have.
<<

Jc2intelligent

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:26 pm

m0ose wrote:Not bad for a first pick. The more you do the better you'll get, lets put it that way. Also, for handles, if it fits you hand and doesn't cut you to ribbons, than it's a good handle. :P My first handles were made of duck tape.

One suggestion you might want to try for your next pick is a simple hook. Honestly, a hook will one day be your friend, and learning to make them is great. Plus, they are a good starting point.

And on a last note, no matter how ugly your picks look, if they preform and get the job done, then they are a good pick to have.

i made a short hook before. it was good. THAT was my first pick. it was amazing. it works great. as for the bogata... i said that it was my first RAKE. and thanks for the compliment. another question... is it possible to make a falle safe or even a long hook with wiper blades?
<<

m0ose

Post Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:20 am

Jc2intelligent wrote:
m0ose wrote:Not bad for a first pick. The more you do the better you'll get, lets put it that way. Also, for handles, if it fits you hand and doesn't cut you to ribbons, than it's a good handle. :P My first handles were made of duck tape.

i made a short hook before. it was good. THAT was my first pick. it was amazing. it works great. as for the bogata... i said that it was my first RAKE. and thanks for the compliment. another question... is it possible to make a falle safe or even a long hook with wiper blades?

I'm not quite sure what a falle safe is, but as for a long hook, why not? It just depends on the size of your materials.
<<

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:24 am

Falle safe picks:

credit to Grudge at LP101 for the photo.

Lew
<<

m0ose

Post Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:35 am

Ah, thanks a ton Lew. :D

From that picture, I don't see why you couldn't make some from wiper inserts, however you'd have to work pretty hard I guess. I dunno. Might be tough but it looks doable.
<<

Jc2intelligent

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:46 pm

m0ose wrote:Ah, thanks a ton Lew. :D

From that picture, I don't see why you couldn't make some from wiper inserts, however you'd have to work pretty hard I guess. I dunno. Might be tough but it looks doable.

thanks. those upswept curves are what i'm aiming for. i'll try. but i might need a really thin handfiile to do it. ahh...f*ck it i'm just gunna dive in and see what i get.

Return to Home Brew