FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Hacksaw's

<<

m0ose

Post Wed May 07, 2008 9:18 am

Hacksaw's

I just ordered 10 Hacksaw blades for $14.50. Only reason it's $14.50 is due to shipping. The blades ran me $9.27, and shipping ran me $5.23. I got them on Amazon using a $15 gift certificate I earned on a website.

Here's what I got.

http://www.amazon.com/Nicholson-62835L- ... 015&sr=8-2

Also, on a side note. Where are some good templates that I don't have to register on different sites for? It kinda bugs me to signup and register places just for stupid little things like that. :P

Edit: Never mind. I found a bunch. I'm gunna go host them and post them up for ya'll.
<<

ChipShuhart

Familiar Face

Post Wed May 07, 2008 10:08 am

Re: Hacksaw's

Good luck! Try making at least one pick without using any templates. Just come up with something in your head; be creative. My most effective picks were made this way so I don't even use templates at all.
<<

m0ose

Post Wed May 07, 2008 10:15 am

ChipShuhart wrote:Good luck! Try making at least one pick without using any templates. Just come up with something in your head; be creative. My most effective picks were made this way so I don't even use templates at all.

Yeah, I've got a couple of designs in my head.

Like, I wanna make one with two half diamonds on one side and on the other side a single half diamond. Hopefully it'll look at preform well, I figure if I do make that one, it'll cover two avenues for me. :P I also want to make a pretty extreme rake. Hopefully that one works out too, because the design in my head is seriously crazy. :P

Edit:

Wow I'm a tard. The Diamond one wouldn't be three half diamonds, it's be one full diamond and a half. :P I was on the crapper when it hit me. :P
<<

ChipShuhart

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 12, 2008 12:55 pm

m0ose wrote:
Edit:

Wow I'm a tard. The Diamond one wouldn't be three half diamonds, it's be one full diamond and a half. :P I was on the crapper when it hit me. :P

Well, not necessarily. You could have two half diamonds on one side with a half diamond on the other that rests in between the two half diamonds. That could certainly be a cool design. Good luck and post results!

And one more thing, you know you're thinking about lockpicking too much when you think about pick designs on the crapper!
<<

m0ose

Post Mon May 12, 2008 10:06 pm

ChipShuhart wrote:
m0ose wrote:
Edit:

Well, not necessarily. You could have two half diamonds on one side with a half diamond on the other that rests in between the two half diamonds. That could certainly be a cool design. Good luck and post results!

And one more thing, you know you're thinking about lockpicking too much when you think about pick designs on the crapper!

Lol, yeah, I agree with the comment about thinking too much. :P

Like, what I was talking about first was two half diamonds on one side, then under the first half diamond, do another, which, when I thought about it more, would result in more then a half diamond. :P But yeah, then I thought about your idea and kinda redeemed myself in my own mind, but I dunno. :P
<<

93940joe

Familiar Face

Post Tue May 13, 2008 12:07 am

moose. In google images look up romestar pick templates. He's has made some awesome temps.
<<

StabbyJoe

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 29, 2008 10:21 pm

Romstar templates are in the pick templates section as well... I particularly like the progressive templates Romstar posted himself in that section.

Making your picks by eye is great, but only if you have a good idea of how you want it to end up, and an eye for the right width near the head... I personally don't feel I am ready, as even with templates I can make them too thin... I see a tiny bump, try and grind it off... long story short it WAS fine (maybe needing a little filing) and in the end it's so thin that the neck just bends like crazy. :roll:

Return to Home Brew