FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Homebrew cost??

<<

bumpin88

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:04 pm

Homebrew cost??

I was thinking about finding someone to make some picks for me.
just curious what is the going rate for a set of hight quality picks? or does it jsut depend on who makes them, and what you want?

Personally i only use , short hook, diamond, bogota. and a reach pick is on the wish list

"Lockpicks aren't burglary tools,
they're master keys!"
<<

singlepicker

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:51 pm

Re: Homebrew cost??

there are loads of good home brewers on here , check out the relevant forum. if you want a good set of picks but on a limited budget i'd recommend the Southord slimline 5 piece set, will set you back about £20. you could also buy a 23 piece GOSO set, for about £25, tho' they aren't that good for European locks. However you do get an auto tension tool and some good auto picks as well as a dimple pick. Bearing in mind the amount of time it takes for a homebrew set to be made to a high standard you could expect to pay £10 a pick maybe more.( for a bogota, then double it (a very good investment ) i would recommend buying a cheap rotary tool, some cheap diamond grinding discs from ebay and some cheap as chips hacksaw blades. that way you can have a go at making your own. believe me there is a satisfaction in picking a lock from a home made tool. have a look at http://www.uklockpickers.co.uk/oscommerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=15&products_id=110&osCsid=mfs3b4r6frla58hpeb2sm91km2 for a good starters set.
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:29 pm

Awol's picks are amazing...not from personal experience...but from the millions of testimonials from lots of people. :D Ratyoke also makes some damn fine picks...I don't know if he's been on here. (because i haven't either :mrgreen: )
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

singlepicker

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:54 pm

Ratyoke makes what i have seen (pics from another forum) the best damn picks on this earth, if i had some of his anodized picks i'd slap them and call them my biatchh (and then sleep with them too). i have never ever seen such craftmanship. his ability to produce an. handles is superb. Awols are also freaking great...if you want a custom set of h.brews, i would definitely recommend these two masters.. you have to remember, you pay for what you get. i'd sell my kidney for both of their sets.
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:27 pm

GET YOUR BOGOTA FROM AWOL!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

uklockpicka

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:27 am

Jinglesanator wrote:GET YOUR BOGOTA FROM AWOL!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Definately
PERSAVIERNCE IS THE KEY
<<

bumpin88

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:45 pm

i have no problem with making my own picks. i just don't make that good of picks, like i have seen on here, and other places. a bogota is no problem, i made the one on my signature at bottom. just still a bit rough.

i just have trouble with reach hooks, maybe a deforest pick. all i got are files, which translates into a whole lotta filing overhear, on hacksaw blades.

"Lockpicks aren't burglary tools,
they're master keys!"
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:23 pm

bumpin88 wrote:i have no problem with making my own picks. i just don't make that good of picks, like i have seen on here, and other places. a bogota is no problem, i made the one on my signature at bottom. just still a bit rough.

i just have trouble with reach hooks, maybe a deforest pick. all i got are files, which translates into a whole lotta filing overhear, on hacksaw blades.

Please use HS blades only if you have to.
they suck. (its like trying to polish a turd....)
i have used and tested many many types of steel,and i do not know everything,
but what i do know is good steel.
wiper inserts are the path of least resistance .
the least material to remove,and the best steel, NTM they are FREE (woohoo)
looking forward to your end results,and good luck..=)
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

Return to Home Brew