FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

I made an impressioning grip!

<<

RubberBanned

Post Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:35 pm

I made an impressioning grip!

Hello hello, I made an impressioning grip, and thought I'd share it with you all! So, I first had a need, and I wanted a small "covert" impressioning grip, because I wanted one to carry in my pick kit. I had an old bit of metal around the shop, so it became my prototype.

This is how I usually have it set up, with this should screw as my tension post. Here's how I use it. I lift up on the grip, and rock the tension post, then I push down on the grip, and rock the post. (Here's how my hands would look)

I will then bind the pins with the post by turning, and rock the grip up and down, and then turn the other way, and rock up and down, this tends to create chaseable marks. (I don't have pics of marks yet, but I hope to pull a video together soon!) I have had some great successes as of late, and I'll show you some now!

This isn't a great picture, as I used a Hurd key, initially, but have switched to a CCL key and gotten that to work, and am looking for some WB19s to get really official.

This is an old Master I have always liked because of the yellow band, and after I made up the key, I made a code cut! Crazy bitting!

This is a padlock I had for YEARS, and never could get a good key for. I had picked it, but never could get good marks! I've since gotten a code cut, but only on the TMK blank, and it's a GB or somesuch, gotta hunt down an old Yale blank in the right keyway to make this really proper!

And this baby Yale was kind of hard, because the marks were so small, but a fun one to get open, and have a key to.

But that isn't all this little thing can do! I recently got into lever lock picking, and to create something to bind the bolt, and walk through the levers, I have a cut down key, and when angled, my grip has a channel for my pick wire to run through!

Turns out I have a video on my YouTube using this tool as a tensioner! (For a lever lock)

https://youtu.be/dmGqy-z4gaE

I'd like to make a small batch of these as a more professional 1 time offering for those that may want to give this a try. I know grips aren't *hard* to make, but this is my first thing I've made from start to finish. Happy to share!
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:39 pm

Re: I made an impressioning grip!

looks like the tool for setting the "UP" Master padlock. I do like how small and compact it is.
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:04 am

Re: I made an impressioning grip!

That's freakin cool! It looks like the tension post gives you more control and I'd think less force is needed to create marks on the key.
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.

Return to Home Brew