FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My Impressioning Grip: The revisiting.

<<

RubberBanned

Post Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:22 pm

My Impressioning Grip: The revisiting.

Semi-Crosspost, but with additional headline text! I have always found most commercial impressioning grips to be either, too heavy, too bulky, not secure in their grip, or a combination of these, or even comething different, like, relying on the keyring hole to hold the blank. (Here's *glaring* at you, HPC) While, I collect impressioning grips, because I love it, and like to try everything, there are still some I don't have, and, am looking to get somehow.

Aside, here is a slideshow of my prototype grip, all the way down to a finished product. While these are for sale. (details below) That's not the crux of the post. This is the very first thing I have developed, tested, and brought to a finished tool. While impressioning grips are not new, I believe this is a novel take on an ancient part of locksmithing, and even our locksport. Please, have a look!

Comparisons, comparisons

Set ups

Side by side

My close up, dahling

The post can stow on the back of the handle. Currently working on a way for the sleeve to be stored at the same time, but, looking sharp!

And the finished, soon to be for sale product.

It's been a lot of work, and testing to make this thing come to fruition, but here is the oxidised, finished version that I am selling.

Handle comes with 3 cup point set screws, 3 high hold set screws, torsion post, and serialised sleeve for the post. Threads are 1/4-20, drive size is 1/8 hex. I am developing a metric sized variant, but so far, imperial measurements only. Price, if you're interested, is 75.00 USD, plus shipping. Handles are made in Canada by a trading machinist in the locksport community. I am not making much money on these, just enough to develop on possible further iterations. However, these handles are my carry for work now, and are really pleasant.

Of note, the threaded hole in the back makes the handle adaptable, you can make an extension, add a knurled knob, or whatever you'd like! I'm totally open to feedback, and possible suggestions for new generations.

Thanks for looking, and please, tell me what you think!
<<

just1pick+open

Post Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:22 pm

Re: My Impressioning Grip: The revisiting.

I like everything about this. Great pics and explanation. I have my eyes on one of these. :drool:
xeo: i use an electric buzzer exclusively for my ass that gets sanitized afterwards
PhoneMan: would have freaked my friend out if hed come over
MBI: Most anything goes.
PhoneMan: way to give me nightmares
selim: ok then blow your load,, i'll take anything free now a day's

Return to Home Brew