FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

VAG-KILLER

<<

einherjer

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:52 am

VAG-KILLER

I just wanted to show off my homemade VAG-lock Pick.
The design is something I have been thinking to try out, for a couple of years. (I got the idea from a Y-T video)
But since I love to "make" things and have lots and lots of projects, it tok this long before I finally got around to make one.
Making it was a very "on the fly" kind of thing (you can probably tell by it looks) I just took 2 kitchenknifes and startet cutting.
So when I tried it on the lock for the first time and it opened as a key (as fast and easy)
I was quite pleased and sat back and took a "That`s what I thought" moment. (a bit funny since it did not open the second time)
But it is easy to get the feel for the pick and now I can open the lock with it just as a key, most of the times if not just with some quick motions/adjustments.
I just have one Vag-lock so for testing the pick I have moved the wafers around to make "different and more difficult bitting"
I know one could argue and say this pick is just overkill, since you could probably open these kinds of locks with a rake.
But for me it was another project done and it was nice to see that the design worked as well as I thought.

(Next is to try a design, on the "blades" that I think maybe could be as effective on regular slider-locks and is my own idea. If it works as well as I hope. I will post it)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Janp

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:42 am

Re: VAG-KILLER

Nice that it works! DIY always +1 :hbg:
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Nice work dude! The HU66 is very susceptible to raking. Have you ever seen the inner groove picks? They are like this but only 1 tooth at the end, and the springy action comes from the metal itself. Or have you ever seen the "Jackmaster"? I made my own version of this tool, it is a bit like your tool but the tension comes from a key that has been cut down (so that the locks with free-spinning front sections can be tensioned) and the picking part comes in 2 flavours - a single hump and a rake, just like your tool here.

I love the concept of the 'scissor' action too, nice job.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:48 pm

Now that is pretty cool. Nice work Kim!

Have you had a chance to try it on more locks yet?
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

einherjer

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:53 am

I have 2 types of inner grove picks but this pick is way more effective. (but I have not seen the Jackmaster) When you get "the feeling" for it. It usually opens as a key, if not, I slowly pull the pick out - when applying pressure on "the spring" .You feel the binder and it opens (usually) before I have pulled it a centimeter. Still have only one Vag-lock

I use the Y-tensioner with the pick, it makes everything easier. Tensioner is grinded thinnest possible, but I dont think it matters much. the reason it is not used on the foto is simply so I could take the picture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to Home Brew