FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Tool Organization?

<<

socaldevin

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:03 am

Tool Organization?

This might not be the best place to post this but my question is for the working locksmiths out there: What is the hardest tool/s to find a good way to store them? For me it’s car door opening tools. I would love to heard what other people’s problem tools are and their solutions.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:46 am

Re: Tool Organization?

Tool storage isn't that difficult really. I have my stuff compartmentalized. I have a large tool box for the tools I don't use on a regular basis but are basic tools. I have a bank bag I keep my picks and bump keys in, I have a bag just for electronics with all the tools I need for working on that stuff, I have shelves for all the power tools, I keep my SDS drill bits in a bin by themselves etc.

The real challenge is storing things like oddball tailpieces, cams etc. I have a million plastic containers where I try to keep that stuff sorted out separated by some kind of category like SFIC and non SFIC.
<<

whizdumb

Post Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:00 pm

Re: Tool Organization?

socaldevin wrote:This might not be the best place to post this but my question is for the working locksmiths out there: What is the hardest tool/s to find a good way to store them? For me it’s car door opening tools. I would love to heard what other people’s problem tools are and their solutions.

A re-purposed Rifle Bag seems like a decent way to store your car opening tools.
Whizdumb81 wrote:You can't handle the DCAP
xe0 wrote:how about a peterson gov steel baseball bat so i can thwap motherfuckers
ecksdee wrote:To learn to pick locks is to learn how to speak a language spoken only in whispers and riddles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HobbyPicker

Return to Home Brew