FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Serrated Pins

<<

Jc2intelligent

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:41 pm

Re: Serrated Pins

SpaceyStacey wrote:Serrated pins drive me nuts. Like Lew, they are kryptonite to me too. LOL But hey, it is the challenge of this hobby that I love. And those pins definately challenge me. And frustrate me... hehe

Any of you have suggestions on how to work with them? Like tips that you find help you?

push every pin up more than once. it works for me. and i haven't had to do very much in that process.
no matter how good you are there is still room for improvement. if you keep working you will be the best there ever will be. Banned For Persistently Annoying Others After Continually Being Warned. --- Learn From His MistakeImage
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:56 pm

just get the feel of the serrations passing the sheer line. once you are used to that, then when you actually meet the genuine set, it will have a distinctively different feel to it.
<<

.45cal

Global Moderator

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:06 pm

I just received and picked my first lock (American 5200) fully populated with serrated pins courtesy of hallischalmers. It is true what they say and by they I mean wiz ;) light tension is the way to go!
<<

dextron5000

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 30, 2009 8:58 am

cool! thanks for all the info
Arguing on forums is like running in the special olympics,
even if you win, you're still retarded.
<<

dextron5000

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 30, 2009 9:03 am

<---familiar face
woop! xD
Arguing on forums is like running in the special olympics,
even if you win, you're still retarded.
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat May 30, 2009 9:27 am

dextron5000 wrote:<---familiar face
woop! xD

grats,diggy,grats! =)
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

Shearlock

Familiar Face

Post Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:38 pm

Extremely helpful!

I've gotten to the point where spools are becoming no problem at all. Yet serrations, well, I look forward to saying the same thing about them. I've picked some serrations in this cut away I have, but for me it's still at the luck stage. I can't yet tell the difference between 'another serration' and 'correctly set.'

That's what I'm really struggling with. Serrated spools however, are like the boogie man. Yet not for long, I'll practicing furiously. :serrated: :serrated: :spoorated:
xeo: One day you're gonna come home and find your wife laying in bed naked with a medeco biaxial locking her chastity belt...
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:16 pm

Shearlock wrote:Extremely helpful!

I've gotten to the point where spools are becoming no problem at all. Yet serrations, well, I look forward to saying the same thing about them. I've picked some serrations in this cut away I have, but for me it's still at the luck stage. I can't yet tell the difference between 'another serration' and 'correctly set.'

That's what I'm really struggling with. Serrated spools however, are like the boogie man. Yet not for long, I'll practicing furiously. :serrated: :serrated: :spoorated:

Listen to the pins when you are picking them. You can feel it, but you will learn to hear it faster than you will learn to feel them when they are correctly set.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
Previous

Return to How To Pick Security Pins