FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What is a "wafer pin tumbler" lock



Familiar Face

Posts: 34

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:28 pm

Location: Ontario, Canada

Post Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:37 pm

What is a "wafer pin tumbler" lock

I have seen padlocks referred to as "pin tumbler", "wafer tumbler", "wafer" but have not seen them referred to as "wafer pin tumbler" until I was browsing the antique-padlocks.com webpage where I came across the term a few times.
Can anyone explain to me what a "wafer pin tumbler" padlock is?


Active Member

Posts: 267

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:30 pm

Location: Michigan

Post Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: What is a "wafer pin tumbler" lock

Tumblers are parts of the lock that interface with the working surface of keys. Wafer pin tumblers, like the more common "pin and tumbler" locks are simply an ignorance of terms.

Return to Wafer-Tumbler Locks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot]

Don't forget to visit our sponsors for all of your lockpicking needs!
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Grop
"CA Black" theme designed by stsoftware