FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Specific lock impressioning possibility question

<<

Smautza

Post Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:13 am

Specific lock impressioning possibility question

Hi. I am trying to impression a lock that is the exact model as the one in this video,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb ... OJqd-HO2Xs

At some point, the person in the video takes out the pins from the lock and you can see them all.
As far as I can tell there are no anti impressioning pins. But I have limited knowledge on this so i would really appreciate if others could have a look and confirm or deny my judgement.

As a side question, it also looks like it could be bumped. Am I guessing right?

Thanks a lot!
<<

Squelchtone

Post Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:20 pm

Re: Specific lock impressioning possibility question

making your rounds on some of the lockpicking forums, eh?

Are you trying to open a lock for fun, or to get in somewhere that the key is not available? is there a deadline?
<<

Smautza

Post Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:13 pm

Heh yeh just asked on 2 forums :)

Not really any time pressure just want to be able to do it and also up my skills. Just practicing it but realised my blanks were not brass so it was hard to see the marks so now I ordered brass ones. It's more like if it was a lock that had anti impressioning pins then it maybe wouldn't make sense to spend time trying to impression it.

With the bumping question I also would like to practice that and I am trying several locks that already have bump keys for sale online so I know they are bumpable just don't know about this one. Been also learning how to make my own bump keys.
<<

Visitor

Post Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:50 pm

What locks can you impression comfortably?
I wouldn't class a dom as a beginners lock nor have I heard about anti impressioning pins before, not that they don't exist but I suspect they don't exist unless your meaning magnetic ones in which case no it doesn't have them.

I have to admit, it does sound a lot like you're trying to open a cylinder you're not supposed to be opening.

Return to Pin Tumbler Impressioning