FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Bump key used as a house key

<<

LockManipulator

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:31 am

Bump key used as a house key

My mom bought a house and the lock taken off of it used a key that is almost a bump key. All the positions are filed all the way down except for the 2nd and 5th position which is only one cut away. I've never seen an actual house key like this before. Interesting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:35 am

Re: Bump key used as a house key

Put something decent on that house and put some security pins in it. That's some shoddy work there bitting a lock that way.

There is a locksmith in this town who you can always tell keyed the hose before you. He always dumps the last two pin stacks in the locks. It seems to me it would take more work to dump all those pins then it would to just do it right.
<<

LockManipulator

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:28 pm

I tried picking it and at first it took me a while until i realized i was over setting all the pins. ( I hadn't seen the key at this point). Then i realized if i put a little bit of tension and raked it once with a quick in and out, it opened. Quicker than using the key lol. I don't think this lock is gonna go back on the house. There's another lock in place of it.
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:06 pm

I reckon that could be used as a bump key - not far off at all :ugeek:
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:46 pm

I believe the key cut is 67767 on a kw1.
I run across these alot.
mostly on properties that have gone back to the bank for whatever reason. Foreclosed, abandoned.
Fannie Mae had a key code they me re-key all there properties to. As well as Bank of America, Wells Fargo and so on.

Normally Enclosed in the Escrow agreement is the cost to have the newly purchased home to be Re-keyed from the bank master key to a Random key code.
Sounds like this didn't get done.
I know a ton of locksmith, vendors, cleaners, painters, house flippers, construction workers........on and on.
Have that key.

Re-key the house!

Check out WWW.MFSsupply.com, any one can buy these keys. Or buy the lock and select which bank key you need.
Thanks

Return to Bump Keys