FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Primus Bump

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:20 pm

Primus Bump

I have a question and if you don't want to divulge the information for everyone to see just p.m. me, as this post may raise a few eyebrows. I have a few Primus blanks, if I cut one of these to the deepest cuts if I find a Primus with the same side milling is it possible to bump? Side milling is usually regional, so It may be possible to find some with the same, I think! There was a little info slip that I caught about this being possible (TOOOL) so let me have it!!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

GutterClown

Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:19 am

Re: Primus Bump

No.

However, if you can customize the key enough to allow the bottom section to be inserted and activate the side milling, but cut away the top, depending on the keyway you may be able to use a pickgun.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:03 am

GutterClown wrote:No.

However, if you can customize the key enough to allow the bottom section to be inserted and activate the side milling, but cut away the top, depending on the keyway you may be able to use a pickgun.

I remember you saying this in another post, but I have honestly heard that you could bump! But I don't know any better. I was told that you could bump as long as the lock being bumped shared the same side milling as your bump key. I don't like bumping anyway, it was just something that floated into my head!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

barbarian

Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:55 am

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:15 am

SO, the answer is yes, it can be done!! Thank you Barbarian!
<<

barbarian

Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:48 pm

The guys at Toool have a reputation to maintain. I don't think they would try anything funny.

You see a couple of places in the video where a guy tries a few times to get it just right. So it looks harder than "regular" bumping.

No doubt we will hear more about this in the weeks to come. I wonder if they have a special mod applied to the key like adjusting the millings or something. Also wonder if it can work on all Primus or only certain ones.
<<

GutterClown

Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:59 pm

I stand corrected.

Possible, but not as predictable as bumping standard mech's. But possible.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:29 pm

GutterClown wrote:I stand corrected.

Possible, but not as predictable as bumping standard mech's. But possible.

Well GutterClown, don't back down yet! I have concluded that this may be possible but, I doubt it would be efficiant, short of drilling it would be a way to get through the lock but another problem is, is that I don't know all the info on these locks, for all I know, I could make a bump key but It may not match the side milling of any other lock in a 5 state radius, therefore I think it would be a miracle if you could get it to work. I know over at Tool they probably wouldn't modify the lock without saying so, but they really don't have to tell anyone about key modifications.

Return to Bump Keys