FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Best Place to buy bump keys for locks in the United States?

<<

railtech

Familiar Face

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: Best Place to buy bump keys for locks in the United Stat

RobertVaughn wrote:I can tell you two places not to buy bump keys. I have been lied to, misled and run around by bumpmylock.com and by bumpkeyshop.com ... This isn't slander, I'd be glad to show my proof of purchase emails and phony shipping notifications by them both. I have ordered bump keys as of today from a 3rd company out in Arizona... I am really hoping the third time is the charm. When I can attest to their honesty I will. Take care everyone!

I got screwed by bumpkeyshop.com and bumpkey.us which are both out of the same business in Fort Walton Beach, FL.

Order placed to bumpkeyshop.com 2 Feb 2013; still nothing.

Order placed to bumpkey.us 22 Feb 2013 before realizing it was the same jerkholes as bumpkeyshop.com and I still have received nothing.

Google also reveals that many, many people have had issues with this as well...

SCAM SCAM SCAM:

BumpKey.US
913 N. Beal Pkwy., Ste. A #124, Ft. Walton Beach
32547, Florida
United States
Contact Us: (800) 381-8709
Email: support@bumpkey.us

ACT Lock & Key
913 N. Beal Pkwy, Suite A #124
32547, Florida
United States
Toll Free: (888) 695-0685
E-mail: support@bumpkeyshop.com

DO NOT USE THESE A$$HOLES.
<<

Joe Momma

Familiar Face

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Bump Keys LOL...

Raking is easier!
<<

escher7

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:30 pm

RobertVaughn wrote:I can tell you two places not to buy bump keys. I have been lied to, misled and run around by bumpmylock.com and by bumpkeyshop.com ... This isn't slander, I'd be glad to show my proof of purchase emails and phony shipping notifications by them both. I have ordered bump keys as of today from a 3rd company out in Arizona... I am really hoping the third time is the charm. When I can attest to their honesty I will. Take care everyone!

Just noticed this old thread with a fairly recent comment criticizing Bumpmylock.com and Bumpkeyshop.com. I have never dealt with the latter, but have just placed two orders with Bumpmylock. Both were processed promptly. I received the usual emails verifying shipment with tracking numbers, and both parcels arrived as ordered. The products were as represented and I had no complaints, although the two bump keys were cut a little rough. No biggy as cleaning them up by hand was easy. (Neither worked worth a damn but the locks were tough and I hate bump keys anyway.)
Bumpmylock also followed up with a survey of each product and whether I was satisfied. Clearly they care about their customers.
I hate to see a company trashed based upon one bad experience, although it does seem Bumpkeyshop has several complaints and I would be cautious with them.

Oddly, I was going to order a complete set of Best bump keys from Bumpkeys U.S. as this was the only site that had them all, but something about the site gave me a bad feeling. Turns out Bumpkeys U.S. is really Bumpkeyshop under a different name. Just as well, as I now have Best beat by SPP.
<<

rzr800

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:56 pm

I get all my bump keys for free cause I got a code machine lol. But I never use them they suck. I prefer pistol pick. Works on all pin tumbler locks
<<

escher7

Post Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:31 am

I wanted to do a followup on Bumpkey US (and Bumpkeyshop.com since they appear to have the same owner.) The site clearly has had problems as reported above. The home page now has the following notice:

May 10, 2013:  There is a delay in processing open orders.   The web server which hosts this website had a hard drive failure. Several days of orders were lost. We are going through email notifications since database was partially lost. We are working through open orders now and want to get processed ASAP!  ... We apologize for the delay!

Question: Has anyone dealt with this vendor recently and if so were there any problems?

Their notice above talks about a few days in May so there should be no current complaints unless it is a problem site. Therefore it seems that if they are handling their orders well we should clear the air, but if things still suck we should warn our members.
<<

railtech

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:03 am

escher7 wrote:I wanted to do a followup on Bumpkey US (and Bumpkeyshop.com since they appear to have the same owner.) The site clearly has had problems as reported above. The home page now has the following notice:

May 10, 2013:  There is a delay in processing open orders.   The web server which hosts this website had a hard drive failure. Several days of orders were lost. We are going through email notifications since database was partially lost. We are working through open orders now and want to get processed ASAP!  ... We apologize for the delay!

Question: Has anyone dealt with this vendor recently and if so were there any problems?

Their notice above talks about a few days in May so there should be no current complaints unless it is a problem site. Therefore it seems that if they are handling their orders well we should clear the air, but if things still suck we should warn our members.

They still have my money from February. I still have no keys.

They still suck.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:54 am

escher7 wrote:I wanted to do a followup on Bumpkey US (and Bumpkeyshop.com since they appear to have the same owner.) The site clearly has had problems as reported above. The home page now has the following notice:

Jim/bumpkey.us (and bumpkeyshop and several other domains under which he's trying to sell bumpkeys) was previously a member and sponsor here but is now banned from this site due to failure to honor the terms of his sponsor agreement, and the problems members had with ordering from them. They are not welcome here.
<<

escher7

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Got it MBI. Is there a bad boy list on this site that I have missed? If not maybe there should be. Also, while I sense this Jim person is beyond redemption, perhaps there should be a way for any other condemned to redeem themselves by making good on all o/s claims and generally sucking up.
<<

USABumpKeys

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:05 am

Greetings,

My name is Darren Brock and I am owner of usabumpkeys which is located in Ft. Walton Beach, FL. I have received numerous emails from unsatisfied customers regarding order statuses with the company listed below since recently opening my store. This website has been mentioned to me by a couple of these customers.

I would like to make it clear to all members of this forum that I have NO association what so ever with the following scam company. Please do not contact me regarding any orders that were placed with the following company or websites as I cannot help you. If you are having a problem with this company please open a dispute/charge-back with PayPal or your bank.

Scam company:
ACT Lock & Key
913 N. Beal Pkwy
Suite A #124
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
(352) 509-5625
bumpkey.us
Bumpkeyshop.com

Best Regards,
Darren Brock
<<

escher7

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:26 am

Hmmmm...
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:31 am

USABumpKeys wrote:Greetings,

My name is Darren Brock and I am owner of www.usabumpkeys...

Best Regards,
Darren Brock

Considering the other site has several similar domain names under which he operates (someone told me there are at least five, but I haven't verified that myself), and that your businesses are located very near each other, it's not suprising people are confusing him with you. Tricky situation.

If you aren't affiliated with him, I hope you're able to get it sorted out.
<<

escher7

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:51 am

The businesses are pretty close. Darren does live at 407 Webster and the Beal address, which looks like a mailbox, is very close. I do hope he sorts things out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Sublimis

Familiar Face

Post Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:40 am

Wow, don't buy bump keys from Florida! Who knows who you are buying from...

Well Probably the same guy.
<<

railtech

Familiar Face

Post Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:05 pm

The week before Christmas, I got an email from both these sites saying my order had been completed. A few days later, I received my bump keys.

Only took them 10 months!

railtech wrote:

I got screwed by bumpkeyshop.com and bumpkey.us which are both out of the same business in Fort Walton Beach, FL.

Order placed to bumpkeyshop.com 2 Feb 2013; still nothing.

Order placed to bumpkey.us 22 Feb 2013 before realizing it was the same jerkholes as bumpkeyshop.com and I still have received nothing.

Google also reveals that many, many people have had issues with this as well...

SCAM SCAM SCAM:

BumpKey.US
913 N. Beal Pkwy., Ste. A #124, Ft. Walton Beach
32547, Florida
United States
Contact Us: (800) 381-8709
Email: support@bumpkey.us

ACT Lock & Key
913 N. Beal Pkwy, Suite A #124
32547, Florida
United States
Toll Free: (888) 695-0685
E-mail: support@bumpkeyshop.com

DO NOT USE THESE A$$HOLES.
<<

Mikeh727

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:27 pm

Well I found this thread a little late.

I placed an order at bumpkey.us early this week and paid for expedited priority mail shipping. Then I found in their blog that there was a delay in processing orders dated about ten days prior, so I emailed them to confirm that they processed my order and would be shipping it soon. I haven't gotten a response and that was on Monday. I'll wait and see if the keys come in the next two days. They charged my credit card the same day so it seems that their processing delay no longer exists.

I sent another email today so we'll see what happens. I'll post additional information as things either progress or don't progress.

-Mike
I have an amazing grasp of the obvious. Beyond that, not so much.
PreviousNext

Return to Bump Keys