FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Bypassing an Abus 83/45

<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:50 pm

Re: Bypassing an Abus 83/45

GWiens2001 wrote:Hmmm. If I use the proper steel for a hook, should be able to magnetize it.

I'm not a 100% sure. But I think the magnets scramble themselves if not "being held" all at the same time. So, have fun trying that :fu:

GWiens2001 wrote:Of course you did not say that I need to successfully pick OPEN the lock, did you? :armed:

You are arguing semantics with a non-native speaker. Good job, you owned me! "Queres fazer o mesmo em Português? Utilize uma gazua para abrir um EVVA MCS!"

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:30 pm

fgarci03 wrote:
GWiens2001 wrote:Hmmm. If I use the proper steel for a hook, should be able to magnetize it.

I'm not a 100% sure. But I think the magnets scramble themselves if not "being held" all at the same time. So, have fun trying that :fu:

GWiens2001 wrote:Of course you did not say that I need to successfully pick OPEN the lock, did you? :armed:

You are arguing semantics with a non-native speaker. Good job, you owned me! "Queres fazer o mesmo em Português? Utilize uma gazua para abrir um EVVA MCS!"

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Você esperou muito tempo. Você deve ser mais rápido e mais exato para me pegar.

:whip: :hbg:

Gordon

P.S. Owned you again!
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:04 pm

And no, I don't speak Portugese. "My Language Translator Pro" iPhone app.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:34 pm

" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:45 pm

Mike, I must be getting really dumb, but didn't quite catch this one :hammering:
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

Oldfast

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:31 am

lol... it probably would have been more clear if I had a found a videoclip containing ONLY the one line I wanted:
"Cmon' boys, we don't want any trouble in here... not in any language"

Anyway... someone around here needs to keep Gordon on his toes.
You're doing a fine job of it. Keep up the good work. lol
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:36 am

Oldfast wrote:Anyway... someone around here needs to keep Gordon on his toes.

The_Floor_Iz_Lava.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:05 am

xeo wrote:
Oldfast wrote:Anyway... someone around here needs to keep Gordon on his toes.

The_Floor_Iz_Lava.jpg

@Filipe, Mike and Xeo - it is a dirty job keeping me on my toes, but somebody has got to do it! :mrgreen:

Gordon
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:04 pm

fgarci03 wrote:I'm not a 100% sure. But I think the magnets scramble themselves if not "being held" all at the same time. So, have fun trying that :fu:

Hey fgarci03,

The magnets in the MCS will stay where they are unless a magnetic force is introduced. Even if you were to release all tension. The key scrambles the rotors when it is retracted though.
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:06 pm

So while you go back a forth with a magnetized pick it will scramble them right?

What about applying hard tension while you pass from one rotor to the other, so you can "trap" them hard after being set? Then release a bit to be able to rotate it. Would that be possible?
- GWiens2001
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:17 am

fgarci03 wrote:So while you go back a forth with a magnetized pick it will scramble them right?

What about applying hard tension while you pass from one rotor to the other, so you can "trap" them hard after being set? Then release a bit to be able to rotate it. Would that be possible?

yes, it'd move them about without tension. What you say is possible but the problem arises from knowing exactly when they are set or not. A binding disc will not move but a set disc won't move either (well, it will but very, very slightly) and knowing this via a magntized pick would be difficult.
<<

Mur670

Familiar Face

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:57 pm

So i thought it was due time for an update to the situation regarding the Abus 83/45. Theres good news and bad news. The good news is that my bypass tool from Sparrows Lockpicks arrived in the mail yesterday along with my Sparrows pinning mat. The bad news though is that its too short to fit to the end of plug to turn the cam actuator. So close but yet so far but that wont stop me getting this dam lock open. Now i know some of you must be thinking 'why the hell doesnt he just ditch it and move onto something else' but so far this has been a good learning experience. Without the suggestions of those who have come forth i wouldnt have attempted half the stuff i have and probably wouldve gone a picking hiatus. Once again i would like to thank you all for endeavouring to help me (special mention goes to GWiens2001 for that awesome solution with the cut key). Hopefully i can conquer this lock and look back on it as a nice little curveball on my picking journey.

Cheers again

Oisin
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:47 pm

Mur670 wrote:Now i know some of you must be thinking 'why the hell doesnt he just ditch it and move onto something else'

What? Give up on a challenge? NO WAY! keep at it, even if it means breaking the whole thing in pieces. But being owned by a lock? Not a change! :fu:

Thanks for the update, and I want to know when you finally get it!
- GWiens2001
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:29 pm

I had tried that same bypass tool on the lock I pictured above. Due to the fact that I found another solution, you probably guessed that it did not work for me, either. Exact same problem - the tool made by Peterson is just too short. Luckily, my tool is not too short!

*** Waiting for fgarci03 to respond ***

Gordon
<<

Mur670

Familiar Face

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:37 pm

I may attempt to make a longer version of the bypass tool using a coat hanger but ill have to wait until i have money again to get the right tools etc. My back up is to get a Dremel and cut it open on the side i done the filing on to partially expose the shackle and gain access to the retaining screw and somehow unscrew it.
PreviousNext

Return to Bypassing