FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Master #175 Combination locks

<<

madsamurai

Post Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:41 am

Re: Master #175 Combination locks

Picked up one of these #175 padlocks a few weeks ago specifically to practice this bypass method... took a while to get it to work (finally just got it), but discovered a tip that might help if you're struggling with the newer ones. The tolerances seem much tighter than what I've seen in any of the demonstration videos for this technique, and I was having trouble finding anything that would fit in the gaps next to the wheels. Here's the trick that solved mine: try different numbers... the wheels themselves seem to be thicker/thinner in spots. If I set my second wheel to 9 or 5, I can slip a .015" pick in just at the top on the right side of the wheel and make it work... if I have it set to any other number there's not enough space. Your mileage may vary, that trick doesn't work on any of the other wheels on this lock, but worth a try.
<<

NovaPick

Post Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:35 am

Re: Master #175 Combination locks

If using a pick knife, pinch the metal with your fingers rather than holding it back by the handle. This will lessen the chances of breaking your tool.

I have not opened the new (ridges on the side) 175s but I have opened it without tools by putting feeling for the extra movement of each number when shackle is under tention (release tention between numbers).

I also bought the new version of the 178 (the one with the side key) and they seemed to have tightened up the spacing too.
Previous

Return to Bypassing