FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Master #175 Combination locks

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:07 pm

Master #175 Combination locks

Ok all you guys with the experience, I was just wondering, the Sesame decoder tool, does that just work with the Sesame brand locks? Will it work on the Master #175? Also, the newer Sesame locks, I have heard that it won't work, is this true? Peterson makes a tool also for these Master combo locks, do these work, and what tool is it?
Once you get the shackle open you then can push the button thru the hole and give it a new combo if I remember right.
Somebody else has told me that you can shim the shackle on these, anybody have any luck? Sorry about all the questions!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

bezza1

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:45 am

Re: Master #175 Combination locks

i don't think you can use it on master it mite work on the newer sesame locks.............keep it real
keep going dont look back allways achive your goals
and follow your dreams................
<<

barbarian

Post Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:18 am

<<

tacolord455

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:19 am

the lockpickkid wrote: Peterson makes a tool also for these Master combo locks, do these work, and what tool is it?

It's the peterson mini knife, and for bypassing Master 175, you slide it in and lift up while depressing the shackle and the lock pops open. You can also use it to find the combination by seeing at which number it depresses the furthest into the lock.
the lockpickkid wrote:Once you get the shackle open you then can push the button thru the hole and give it a new combo if I remember right.

If I remember Correctly, the lock has to be on the correct combination before attempting to reset the combo.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:39 am

Thanks guys! That answers my questions, these 175 locks are a pretty good lock really, at least you can't just pick them in 3 seconds!!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

tacolord455

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:56 am

the lockpickkid wrote:Thanks guys! That answers my questions, these 175 locks are a pretty good lock really, at least you can't just pick them in 3 seconds!!

You can bypass them in less lol
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:00 am

IF you have the right tool, right? I have tried to stick stuff beside the wheels to decipher the flats but I can never feel a damb thing!
<<

tacolord455

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:54 am

the lockpickkid wrote:IF you have the right tool, right? I have tried to stick stuff beside the wheels to decipher the flats but I can never feel a damb thing!

You don't need the tool, no. Most times a short hook slid on the side of the dial will do it. As for getting the combination, the peterson knife is the best. You can also use feeler guages like the post above said.
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:06 pm

easy to bypass..dont put them on anything worth much ...tons of videos showing this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUr8JgtC ... re=related
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:46 pm

WOW! That was almost too easy! It took me like one second and I opened mine, that is a great bypass, these locks are made fairly well, it's too bad that they are defeated this easy, they offer very little security. Thanks thelockoutguys and everyone else!
<<

.45cal

Global Moderator

Post Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:44 pm

I bought one of these locks recently and none of my picks are small enough to fit beside the wheel. maybe master made the tolerances tighter due to the bypass? or do I just have fat picks :)
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:38 pm

.45cal wrote:I bought one of these locks recently and none of my picks are small enough to fit beside the wheel. maybe master made the tolerances tighter due to the bypass? or do I just have fat picks :)

For the bypass your hook pick just goes into the top of the 3rd wheel, in the hole , or wheel well, I can't get my HPC hook in there for some reason but an old Southord hook fits real nice!
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:21 am

yeah..its a good bypass...but dont ever come across any in the field really...i believe they have a key that will also open the lock as well and i guess you could pick it as well...got one in the shop but been a while since ive messed with it
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:52 am

I don't know alot of things it seems!! But I don't know of the key bypass, I do know that on The National Locksmith forum there has been locksmiths wanting the combo change keys, I don't know why, (when the correct combo has been dialed) you can use a nail to change the combo. Also if the change key hole is at your left, the shackle on the right hand side can be shimmed open if I am not mistaken!
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:08 am

The shackle cannot be shimmed. The locking dogs are blocked by the tang on the locking plate (for want of a better name for the thing). It is this plate (spring loaded) that your pick comes into contact with as it enters into the wheel well above the number two or three wheel. As you depress the shackle, you release the pressure exerted on the tang. This pressure is exerted by the binding on the dogs, caused by the upward pressure on the shackle. The shackle spring is slightly stronger than the spring on the lock plate. Once the plate is free of the shackle pressure, it is free to be sprung out of the way. This is accomplished by either the correct code, or by a bypass method. When the correct code is dialed, fingers on the wheel side of the plate are allowed to rest on flats of the wheel hubs. This gives enough travel room to cause the plate to pivot its tang clear of the dogs. Releasing the shackle at this point will then open the lock. There is enough tolerance in the lock to allow the same clearance by physically moving the plate as described in the popular bypass methods (there are two methods).
Nemo Malus Felix
Next

Return to Bypassing