FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Does anyone have Tryout Key codes for SmartKey locks

<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:09 am

Re: Does anyone have Tryout Key codes for SmartKey locks

You're doing an amazing job. Keep it up!

Cheers :)
<<

escapenrv

Familiar Face

Post Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:07 am

Great job. Hope it all works out. Looking forward to updates.....
Escapenrv
<<

malfunctionjunction

Familiar Face

Post Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:04 pm

I like to imagine he's having too much fun playing with his new toy to update us about the led stuff.

In all seriousness, thanks for working on this and sharing, could save a bunch of us some cash. Definitely watching for how the led works out.
<<

barbarian

Post Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:18 pm

Very nice work on the printed adapter and great job noticing the exact type of camera.

Apparently they make smartkey with SC1 keyway. Has anyone seen one yet ?

For the 243 tryout key set with the KW1 keyway the sloppy tolerances allow us to use a depth that is .013 away from the correct depths. The lock will open without damage. With the SC1 keyway the depths are .015 apart. I wonder if a 2 cut opens depth 1, 2, and 3. The SC1 allows a zero depth and a 9 depth. If you didn't want to include a zero depth ( or maybe a 9 depth ) then a 243 key set might work for these as well.

If you had to include all the depths then we are up to at least 1024 keys for a tryout set. So does anyone know how common a key is with a zero depth or a 9 depth ?
<<

Kezo

Familiar Face

Post Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:33 pm

Are they actually going to use 0-9 depth, or just the SC1 keyway with Kwikset depths?
<<

barbarian

Post Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:00 pm

Good question.

Perhaps they are using the same sloppy internals and just changed the profile.
<<

T-C

Post Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:16 pm

The other day I noticed a set (Aero set at CLK) which says it has 256 keys. Anyone see a reasonable way to arrive at that number? I'm not about to shell out $350 for something I don't need just to satisfy my mathematical curiosity...

3 ** 5 = 243 was the obvious number to me. I can't work out any scheme that wants 256 keys. Let's say that for some reason, you want to allow only the first cut to be a 0 (or last to be a 7), that's 81 extra keys. MACS cuts that down a bit but still the total I get is still 297.

2 ** 5 = 32 also makes sense and I thought maybe it's some combination of the 243 + 32, but that's 19 too many and I'm not seeing how there is a redundant 19 keys between the two sets.

So now I'm wondering if they just made a 243 key set and threw in an extra random 13 keys to throw people off the scent and prevent them from realizing how to cut their own?

-- All the :BESTtc:
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:06 am

T-C wrote:So now I'm wondering if they just made a 243 key set and threw in an extra random 13 keys to throw people off the scent and prevent them from realizing how to cut their own?

That's interesting. Actually, it might be true LOL I know people that would do it.

Cheers :)
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:23 pm

the leds I bought dont have coated wires so it is difficult to keep them separated for connection etc if i wrap them etc it blocks view too much, i can use on first few to view, but once internal the light shorts and cuts out, and if i place tape it gets in way, any other suggestions on the type of small led they might be using on this device, I purchase the plain mirrored key because I didnt feel the price was warranted on the other one with led , these parts are cheap and they have huge markup just for adding a 25 cent led to the mirrored key. otherwise everythign else works as it should fairly decent, the leds on the device are easily desoldered and there are two post present to solder the new led to etc just need to find a different one is all that will work better.
<<

barbarian

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:57 pm

I went on Amazon and searched for “pre soldered micro led” one of the first choices was 25 pcs with insulated leads.. cost was $10..

I ordered a bunch and they should be here in a week or so..
<<

KeySolutions

Post Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:25 pm

Just seeing this post. If you ever got that LED lighting figured out that would be awesome. Good job on the ingenuity. Hopefully you update the post on how it worked out.
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:07 pm

You have to hold it just right to get it to operate can only really see first 3 slots, needs more work i never spent more time on it as I have ben too busy in my primary job to work on this hobby as well as doing lot of construction at house etc so this has been on the back burner it was just a fun little task to try out, I will eventually finish it and tweak it , need a different smaller led that is more focused to prevent glare.
<<

davidlk

Post Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:43 pm

I know this thread is old, but i was able to make a custom HPC 1200 blitz code card for the bitting info if anyone maybe interested
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:20 pm

yes, please!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

davidlk

Post Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:56 pm

@jeffmoss26, I have sent you PM
PreviousNext

Return to Bypassing