FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Does anyone have Tryout Key codes for SmartKey locks

<<

davidlk

Post Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:06 pm

Re: Does anyone have Tryout Key codes for SmartKey locks

jeffmoss26 wrote:yes, please!

sorry, maybe because I am new, but the message is stuck in outbox unable to send you PM. Can you PM me so I can reply to it and see it that works?
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:08 pm

davidlk wrote:
jeffmoss26 wrote:yes, please!

sorry, maybe because I am new, but the message is stuck in outbox unable to send you PM. Can you PM me so I can reply to it and see it that works?

Messages stay in the outbox until the person reads them.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:10 pm

Those tryout keys all 243 Of them ...old post but if your up for cutting all of these keys
Or having to destroy a Kwikset Smart Key lock just to get it open?
Cut yourself this set of 243 try-out keys and try each one.
At least one of them will open the lock, and it shouldn't break the lock in any way.
Or just purchase the set ..missed this post and only come across it now

I've no use for these at all as rarely come across them
Please note this is someone's work while investigating Possible key combinations and
IMPORTANT : not a standard working key used by kwikset.
I'd buy the scope as its proven to work if your coming across this lock on a regular basis
Interesting post and see FF developed is own tool in another thread

I have heard it takes a good 20 mins if trying all keys with a 98 percent success rate .
That's not a bad time given the time it will take to drill and replace lock for a new one
But if your making a living parts and labour is one thing to take into account when in the field for sure.
Would have to agree with barbarian who' said on this topic
" Not sure if I should post the lists , but I doubt any bad guys would go to the trouble to cut 200+ keys and carry them around."

The bad guys are usually looking for destructive entry which is quick .... alarms and cameras are the second line of security
For home and business owners not to mention strong locks that are not easily defeated .

KWIKSET SMART LOCK CUT DEPTHS 243

Tested by LP here https://youtu.be/Um2Me3Iuv5Q not sure about 256 keys

A = 0.317
B = 0.271
C = 0.226

Codes deleted ..available on instacode
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Visitor

Post Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:38 am

If you're a trading locksmith you need one of the camera tools either bought or homemade.
A blank with a mirror and light on the inside with a camera on the outside looking in connected to your smart phone.
Decode the lock and cut a key.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:36 am

Anyone spot those 13 possible key code combos missing from the list above
243 is 13 keys Missing off a total of 256 .

I've heard alot about Mac's and different pin sizes being used in topic but the points been missed here
Really it's based on the 6 positions for key change as it's not a standard pin tumbler.

Sliders fixed to position you require given any cut working key YOU Choose to enter not the factory.
Over the last few years we've seen lishi picks become more common for picking and decoding certain locks
Useing very little effort and costing next to nothing .
If I find any interesting vids will update... but post up if you think you know what the 13 missing key combos are.

Ringo
<<

Visitor

Post Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:50 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't been to school for over 30 years, but isn't 3 possible heights on a 5 cut key 3x3x3x3x3 which is 243.
256 seems like it's either a mistake or there is another feature in the lock I'm not aware of (never had one in my hands, I'm in the uk) that requires either a 4th depth in certain situations, a 6th cut or a special profile.
As I say I'm really not familiar with the lock other than what I've seen on the camera tool videos.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:12 pm

If a few different suppliers are supplying the same 243 keys after working out the combos
3 X 3 X 3 X 3 X 3 Equals 243 possible combos.
All suppliers are selling the same product ...there fore it's more than likely a selling tactic
To make us the customer think ? Hold on that supplier as a full set of 256
If I was selling them ...I'd want a edge on the competition companies also
So no Not a mistake a selling tactic ..which one would anyone buy possible not the 243 set given its 13 short .
Selling is highly competitive and this is how I look at it ...in this case it's all marketing Your product as to be Best available.
It suddenly came to me last night what is required for cutting new keys after a successful opening
Included may be the Depth and space keys for kwikset And there are 2 sets available ...the missing 13 keys .

salesman or locksmith he is famous for is pick tool.
AC Hobbs.."Hobbs and His Lock Picks: The Great Lock Controversy of 1851" http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php ... ersy-1851/
<<

Visitor

Post Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:51 pm

A set of depth and space keys would be 3 depths so 3 keys, if there are for some reason 2 sets (not sure why, there's only 3 depths a,b and c) it's still only 6 keys not the 13.
For that to be true it would need to be 6 or 13 depths with 6 depths x 2 still having an extra key.
I could swallow the selling tactic but personally I think its unlikely, for that you could have 1 extra key for the same effect or at least 3 extra keys (or at best 9) to make any maths work and fool the potential customer properly.

Edit, that hobbs write has to be one of the worst I've read lol, quite few inaccurucues, wrong terms and outright incorrect 'facts' but I guess everyone writing such things on the Internet is a story teller and trying to sell their story by adding or removing bits just like the 256 keys lol.
<<

Visitor

Post Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:03 am

Edit, I have asked the seller what the extra 13 keys are for, no point in keep guessing. I'll post back when I get an answer.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:27 am

[quote="Visitor"]A set of depth and space keys would be 3 depths so 3 keys, if there are for some reason 2 sets (not sure why, there's only 3 depths a,b and c) it's still only 6 keys not the 13.
For that to be true it would need to be 6 or 13 depths with 6 depths x 2 still having an extra key.

If cutting a new working key for the kwikset a full set of depth and space keys are required fyi

Not really a good idea cutting a working kwikset key with only 3 depth keys LOL

Set 1 is 6 keys for the 6 depths required to produce a working key
Set 2 is 7 keys in total makes 13 keys .
A added extra possibly to complete set if this is what they've done but will still be here if and when it's posted up

The sets can Be purchased here
"Tryout Set for “Smart” Type Locks that use the KW1 Key
– CLK SUPPLIES, LLC" https://www.clksupplies.com/products/tr ... he-kw1-key
Contact them via email page on website ...just leave a message and wait for a reply back
I would imagine you need a account with them as some Products Sold may be restricted for obvious reasons.

I find the Hobbs story fascinating of a salesman that went out of is way and country to bring a lock product to market
And was successful
The 243 keys are there if you require them to open and cut a new key and will need a set of depth keys if cutting on a Manuel
Cutting machine .
My machines have code software so don't need these sets as most locksmiths use code machines today it's a digital age.

The lock tech scope here is 100 dollars cheaper to purchase ...would be my go to tool as it's advertisement says it will do all four generations Of the smart lock
Have no affiliation with these companies and other brands of tool may be available as it's been over a decode since the lock was marketed and used .

"KwikSet SmartKey Decoder -by LockTech" https://www.lockpicks.com/catalog/produ ... -locktech/

Ringo
<<

Visitor

Post Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:58 am

Yes my bad, I posted after being out on calls all night, got in bed at 5.30am and couldn't sleep due to noisy neighbours so had a read on the forums and replied here. I got the d&s key number wrong as you pointed out lol.

I've had no reply from them about the extra keys, I went through the link on lpls video if it's the same one you linked above.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:17 am

All good really hot in the UK it's reported let us know if they reply Visitor
Sent a email off to Yale head of products Friday not heard anything
Update . Never got back to me
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Visitor

Post Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:35 am

It's not worth it on 2 or 3 levers, the try out key sets from Paul souber work so well.
I have the union cuts somewhere but again simply not worth it as the try out sets are universal and open pretty much all 2 and 3 lever locks.

Yes, the heat is too much at the moment especially as I'm emptying 2 houses for a move and trying to keep my business going although I have been turning daytime work away recently.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:18 am

Instacode card 1122 has the tryout key "codes". It contains 243 bittings.
I think the makers of these keys also make automotive tryout keys, where there are usually 2 depths. So the amount in each set will be a power of 2. 256 is 2 to the 8th. Maybe the marketing department got confused with the odd seeming number ?

Interestingly, Instacode also has a 32 piece list that only uses cuts 2 and 5 of the correct depths. Is there that much play in these locks that cuts can be a full depth off ?
Last edited by Werewolf on Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Who are you and how did you get in here ?"
"I'm the locksmith , and i'm a locksmith"
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:14 am

I read on LP about the 32 tryout set along time ago and think it was something about the set
only turned the lock cylinder slightly
Then the correct keys could be inserted for a open ...there by Cutting down on time it took for a opening
Again assuming this is correct ..you still need both sets for a open ,
I think had the tolerance been so bad wolf on these locks picking them would be real easy

But from experience the few kwikset smart gens I've picked over the years
Have been far from effortless .. if it was not for the bad press regarding the force tool that came to light
In the earlier days ...more would have been fitted For sure
but the 256 keys ...still think it's a marketing trick so you buy there set or product lol
P.s wolf don't be helping those cobblers out ..let them get on with it just help me ..nice to hear from you buddy

My family in the UK say there all suffering sleepless nights due to heat ..luckily this won't last long .
And your right the 2 and 3 lever sets are invaluable in the tool kit Visitor
But was after a few precuts to cut a few working keys ..there not on instacode or have a card
Have a good few missing of the series numbers usually run nm1 to nm144 .. Davenport's add them in the end
You start with full sets and they diminish over years ..they don't get put back correctly and are lost .
PreviousNext

Return to Bypassing