FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Commando Lock Company Sale!

<<

verz

Familiar Face

Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: Commando Lock Company Sale!

I just went through the payment process $5 shipping in the US for small box. Kind of a confusing checkout process to paypal and back to another checkout site.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:52 pm

LocksmithArmy wrote:The keys work super smooth... they are key retaining... sorta... if you turn the shackle 180 degrees you can lock the plug back and remove the key... locking the padlock open.. i thought that was neat...

That is because all of the internals in the locks are the same, including the shackles. So if you cut a slot in your key, or remove the anti CCW turning metal pieces around the keyway you can turn it into an interchangeable shackle model.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Josh66

Post Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Interesting... Does that mean that if I pick it open, I should be able to remove the shackle? With no key in the keyway, there will be nothing to stop it from turning all the way to the change position, right?
(Haven't tried picking mine yet, but I'm about to right now.)

Edit
Just picked it. Tried for 5 minutes, put it down, tried again and got it in about 5 minutes... Tension was very touchy. I might have to make a new wrench just for this (and any M1 keyway, I guess).

Also, I'm not able to turn the plug any farther than I could with the key...
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:16 pm

Josh66 wrote:Interesting... Does that mean that if I pick it open, I should be able to remove the shackle? With no key in the keyway, there will be nothing to stop it from turning all the way to the change position, right?
(Haven't tried picking mine yet, but I'm about to right now.)

Edit
Just picked it. Tried for 5 minutes, put it down, tried again and got it in about 5 minutes... Tension was very touchy. I might have to make a new wrench just for this (and any M1 keyway, I guess).

Also, I'm not able to turn the plug any farther than I could with the key...

after you pick it... turn the shackle 180 degrees around... then lock it back... then pick it backwards... the shackle should fall out then...
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

Josh66

Post Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:35 pm

Ah. I will try that next time. Thanks.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:04 pm

I seen somewhere that they were an M1 keyway, they also have a 5 pin keyway also right? I am going to buy me one to play with, try to show some people here and try to sell them. If they do have a 5 pin, what key does it use? The M15???
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:39 pm

the keyway is the same as M1, the 5 pin blank is M10. Verified and tested at the hardware store Saturday :)
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:52 pm

mine are M1... 2 of my 4 keys even say M1 on them...
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

Josh66

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:31 pm

LocksmithArmy wrote:mine are M1... 2 of my 4 keys even say M1 on them...

Yeah, my keys say M1 on them too. They also have a code that I assumed was the bitting, but the numbers don't seem to match up with the cuts. It may be a serial number or something...
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Josh66 wrote:

Yeah, my keys say M1 on them too. They also have a code that I assumed was the bitting, but the numbers don't seem to match up with the cuts. It may be a serial number or something...

Yea, the number on the key is not the direct biting. Its a bit safer that way.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Josh66

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:52 pm

Riyame wrote:
Josh66 wrote:

Yea, the number on the key is not the direct biting. Its a bit safer that way.

I can partly agree with that logic (it being safer), but I mostly disagree. The code tells you nothing that you didn't already know just by having the key in your hand. Anyone that knows what those numbers mean knows enough to figure it out without the numbers.

edit
I would omit them entirely, or make them correspond to the actual cuts.
<<

easy-e

Familiar Face

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:56 pm

At least the numbers aren't marked on the lock too.

I ended up with 2 locks of totally different types with the exact same key. I didn't notice until I started comparing the codes on the keys. One was an interchangeable shackle and the other was one of the military ones. Kind of weird to have duplicates in a random batch of 10 locks. 2 of 5 different models.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:14 pm

The keys say M1 but if you compare an M1 blank to the key, the blank is too short. M10 is the 5 pin blank for that keyway.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:14 pm

The M 10 blank is what I use to impression these locks. They impression well.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

COMMANDOLOCKUSA

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:13 am

Regarding the keys, yes they are M1 by design. We originally planned to work to established standards so that you as the consumer could more easily duplicate when desired. As a new company, we don't expect to see our keys in inventory at the hardware stores. It also played in to some of our designs for bump resistance. The other major reason was to match some of the specifications of Brinks who for a number of years now has expressed interest in having Commando build a product line for them in USA rather than China where all of there product currently comes from. There are obvious plus and minus to a relationship with a large distributor like Brinks.

The numbers on the keys are code and do not exactly represent the biting. When handling 25k-50k cylinders and double the keys, we need to have numbering for organization. You may see them as random but we start with sets of 10 to 200 plus KA. They take up a lot of space when separated into numbers. When building the lock we have to separate the keys from the cylinders but they always travel close together. Key to cylinder testing is performed any time product is moved to make sure we have matching elements. You can't come into this tired...simple things like a non matching key kind of defeats the purpose of the product!

After all the great feedback we've been receiving from you all we are looking seriously at a change to our keyway for better security. It will still be standard. Yale has been suggested multiple times. If I could get a general yes or no from the experts, we'll go with the one you most recommend. Any takers?!!
PreviousNext

Return to Commando Lock Company