FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

(High security?) Lock just for hiding candy

<<

LockManipulator

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:55 pm

(High security?) Lock just for hiding candy

At my church there is an Abus padlock on a cabinet that keeps little kids from getting their candy lol it seems like overkill to me though. I'm not sure if it would be considered high security or not but i couldn't pick it. I actually couldn't even get the pins to bind that well, even though i was using a fair amount of tension. What model is this lock? I'm interested in learning more about, i haven't encountered it before. Btw i had permission to pick it but i looked like a loser cuz i failed.... :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: (High security?) Lock just for hiding candy

Not high security, but the spools in those can be a trickier than most.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:57 pm

Looks like an ABUS SFIC. I like it. They have spools so they can be called "High Security."
<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Once you get the hang of spools those locks can be opened pretty fast. Oh and a great thing about spools is that they really give away how far you are in the lock.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:05 pm

It would be much like this one that I picked. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBTb8dQ6XTY&feature=fvst) It would be the same core except it looks like the one you were trying to pick is a Schlage keyway. They are good locks and pretty versatile.
You can put a large variety of keyways in them including Medeco with a KIK cylinder, a bible cover and the right tailpiece from an Abus kit.
<<

LockManipulator

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Oh, and another thing, i don't know if you can see in the pic but on the first bottom pin i can see that the top of it is serrated. I couldn't flip the lock around so it's upside down in the picture so in the picture the top is the bottom. So to pick it i have to pick it upside down! :/ i hope to get it soon though. Does it require a lot of tension because of the tight tolerances? Because i had a little trouble getting the pins to bind.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:14 pm

I would be really surprised if that is actually a serrated keypin. Any chance they would allow you to swap locks even if just temporarily so you can pick it and gut it on camera?

On another note, I sell those and the LSDA padlocks all the time to people to use because of the convenience of using the same key for the padlock as you do for the front door. I went to a scrapyard 45 miles from here to install new locks on all the doors. I just happened to hear them discussing what kind of padlocks to get. I sold them 12 new LSDA and Abus padlocks because I could key them to the rest of the yard. It's amazing what you can sell in the name of convenience.
<<

LockManipulator

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:25 pm

mdchurchill wrote:I would be really surprised if that is actually a serrated keypin. Any chance they would allow you to swap locks even if just temporarily so you can pick it and gut it on camera?

I actually found a spool pin in a quickset not too long ago. First spool pin (and only) i have that i have gotten from a lock and not homemade. The lock came from someone who changed the lock on their front door. And as for borrowing it, I don't think so but i'll ask. I don't thing they have any other lock to put on the cabinet while i'm trying to pick the abus.
<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:26 pm

Serrated? Now that is a weird one. The Abus I have like that was filled with spools. Abus doesn't have very high tolerances, at least not the ones I have come across so I would say just pick it with normal tension like you would any other lock. The reason you were probably having a hard time finding a binding pin is because it had a lot of spools so none of them were getting caught on the shear line. What is probably happening is there is one standard pin and either four spools in front of it or behind it which is why it is hard to find a binding pin.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:29 pm

next time u get ur hands on that lock, give the pins a light raking until u get a false set. then pick the pins that give u counter-rotation and u should have a open lock if u do it right. the serrated pin may resist ur attempts but it can't hold out forever. remember that resetting pins is also a good way to acquire a false set.
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:06 pm

guys look at the keyway. it's just a SC1. it's an abus series 2 house key padlock. all the 80 series locks have these fancy easy rekeyable cores. nothing fancy as far as the pins go besides some spools. it's a pretty solid lock. not really overkill as they just needed something thats the same as the front door.
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:35 am

cleveland federal reserve vault door.jpg
Hide your candy in thisSS D.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:45 am

Thats is so freakimg cool ringo!
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:10 pm

Farmerfreak wrote:Not high security, but the spools in those can be a trickier than most.

He's right for sure. Theres something about ABUS spools that like to fool you. They'll lift and set and then drop back down over and over until you get the binding right. Makes for lots of fun.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

LockManipulator

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:24 pm

10ringo10 wrote:
cleveland federal reserve vault door.jpg
Hide your candy in thisSS D.

that looks like it'll be a bit too easy to get the candy out of....jk lol imagine trying to manipulate that safe
Next

Return to Locks in the Wild