FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Rekey Cutaways

<<

IxViRuSxI

Familiar Face

Post Sun May 26, 2013 8:18 am

Rekey Cutaways

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to order a cutaway that you could rekey with security pins or regular pins. I'm trying to get a better understanding of how the keys work and I can only learn so much from my pad locks. lol I just started lock picking a few days ago and I'm finding it hard to get a feel of a binding pin, over set pin, etc. and I think a cutaway I could rekey to make it 1-5 or even 6 pins as I progress would help so much. Do you guys have any suggestions of what I should buy? Thanks for the help guys.
<<

spandexwarrior

Familiar Face

Post Sun May 26, 2013 1:19 pm

Re: Rekey Cutaways

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCHLAGE-CUTAWAY-PRACTICE-LOCK-LOCKSMITH-TRAINING-SALES-AID-PICK-ALL-BRASS-/160966196703?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257a553ddf

This guy makes some pretty good cutaways and I believe they meet all your requirements - sometimes he'll do an auction and you can get them cheaper (I got one for < $25 shipped). It's a good learning tool for sure but the cut-away can change some of the feedback that you get and obviously you can cheat a bit so don't rely on it as your only practice lock.

-Brian
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sun May 26, 2013 2:40 pm

Look on the BST board, we have one or two forum members who make them right here.
<<

IxViRuSxI

Familiar Face

Post Sun May 26, 2013 5:59 pm

Thanks for the replies, I truly appreciate it. I'll be sure to check out the auctions and see what I can run into. I will also check here, thanks MBI. Thanks again guys.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Thu May 30, 2013 8:58 am

IxViRuSxI wrote:Thanks for the replies, I truly appreciate it. I'll be sure to check out the auctions and see what I can run into. I will also check here, thanks MBI. Thanks again guys.

Here is the direct link to one of the ones I was talking about.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=7972

I haven't bought from him but he seems to sell a lot of them so he must be doing something right.

Return to Cut-aways