FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Vapor Transit Key

<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:32 pm

Re: Vapor Transit Key

I know I'm late on posting this reply, but could this maybe be a key for a modern steam radiator air bleed valve? The kind of radiators used in homes? I know on the old radiators, the air bleed valves used a square socket key and if I remember right , they only fit in one place. Just a thought, but with the word Vapor on the bow, it kind of makes me wonder, hmmm.
"It never fails - as soon as I find the key to success, somebody changes the lock!"
<<

railtech

Familiar Face

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:16 am

oldbiscuit wrote:I know I'm late on posting this reply, but could this maybe be a key for a modern steam radiator air bleed valve? The kind of radiators used in homes? I know on the old radiators, the air bleed valves used a square socket key and if I remember right , they only fit in one place. Just a thought, but with the word Vapor on the bow, it kind of makes me wonder, hmmm.

No. Vapor is a transit manufacturer.

http://www.vapordoors.com/

What is unclear to me is: is this to a bus or could it go to a subway? The website shows bus parts but references subways, and the parent company make rail, subway, and bus equipment.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:14 pm

not to mention vapour or vapor :D rail in Canada ...railtech ! list is endless
<<

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:55 pm

I'm thinking subway. Seen a lot of "utility-key-looking" locking devices in subways. Here in Stockholm we still have subways in service that uses a triangular variant to get into the drivers booth and i remember a really old (now retired) subway car having this enourmous weighs-half-a-ton ~socketwrench used as the ignition key.
<<

Subway_Keys

Post Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:52 am

I have one of these keys or so...
That in an NYCT MDC key, MDC stands for Master Door Controler. It always the conductor to open and close the side doors of the train as well open various cabinets on the train.
This is and MDC.
<<

escher7

Post Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:39 am

Vapor Bus International makes bus doors. The searches on Bing refer to locks as an option, but I can't find a picture of a lock or key. (The keys above sure look like yours.)

http://www.bing.com/search?q=vapor+inte ... &FORM=PERE
<<

Subway_Keys

Post Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:38 pm

I know Vapor makes bus doors, but buses don't use keys like these. In my pile of Vapor keys, I have several that are exactly the same as the one first posted.
<<

selim

Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist
Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist

Post Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:29 pm

Nice first couple of post's subway , hope to see more,

I like ODD key's
<<

railtech

Familiar Face

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:16 pm

Subway_Keys wrote:I have one of these keys or so...
That in an NYCT MDC key, MDC stands for Master Door Controler. It always the conductor to open and close the side doors of the train as well open various cabinets on the train.
This is and MDC.

Damn, I've got to log in more often.

So, in the top photo, off to the left, you have another odd key pictured. I have one of those as well. What does it go to?

From what I can gather, partly based on you posting that this is an MDC key, this key is used by the subway operator (driver? engineer?) to open/close the doors for passengers from the operators cab? Is this correct? Or something else?
<<

PhoneMan

I've gone and said something stupid, haven't I?
I've gone and said something stupid, haven't I?

Post Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:30 pm

how hard are those vapor keys to find? haven't searched Ebay for them, but I have a small collection of railway keys and would like to add one.
<<

Trafficlight678

Post Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:19 am

I have 2 of these keys the one by HAFCO and the vapor key. they are used to turn on my outdoor hose bib. the hose bib i have on the driveway is a keyed hose bib so no one can turn on the water and use it without authorization. also these keys are also used at my internship at ST ANTHONY'S CHURCH in West Harrison when my boss Miguel needs me to turn on the outside tap for him to use the hose.this means the Transit keys shown above can also be used to turn on keyed outdoor hose faucets also known as tamperproof stop bib by nibco valve and plumbing parts inc.Image
<<

Trafficlight678

Post Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:29 am

Vapor MDC Key is the standard fire key for EPCO Elevator fixtures
https://youtu.be/sH_xjaz4MuM
<<

railtech

Familiar Face

Post Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:02 am

Trafficlight678 wrote:Vapor MDC Key is the standard fire key for EPCO Elevator fixtures
https://youtu.be/sH_xjaz4MuM

Lame Troll dude.
<<

Trafficlight678

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:59 pm

I have the HAFCO key. It’s the same as the vapor key but made by a cheaper provider. The key is also a standardized key used for passenger boarding bridges manufactured for New York cruise terminals to operate them which is a thyssenkrupp made bridge. It enables the controls to operate the thyssenkrupp boarding bridge to get guests on and off the vessel
<<

MarketMonkey22

Post Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:56 pm

railtech wrote:
Subway_Keys wrote:I have one of these keys or so...
This is and MDC.

Damn, I've got to log in more often.

So, in the top photo, off to the left, you have another odd key pictured. I have one of those as well. What does it go to?

From what I can gather, partly based on you posting that this is an MDC key, this key is used by the subway operator (driver? engineer?) to open/close the doors for passengers from the operators cab? Is this correct? Or something else?

The key in the top left corner is a Train Operator key for new tech trains, 143,160,179, dont know how he got access to it
Previous

Return to Kool Keys