FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Publisher Looking for New Authors of Lockpicking works

Forum rules
DO NOT POST ACTUAL ARTICLES OR OTHER MATERIALS THAT ARE COPYRIGHTED!
<<

Fallen

Post Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:26 pm

Publisher Looking for New Authors of Lockpicking works

Hello,
Most of you probably do not know this but I own a publishing company called Redd INK Press. I actually own a few publishing imprints but Redd INK is the newest. Redd Ink deals with the subjects of firearms, knife making, physical security, lock picking, penetration testing, etc. If any of you have written a book or would like to write a book on any of the subjects I have just mentioned please feel free to email me at frank@nephilimpress.com and we can discuss the issue further. I am not LuLu or create space. I am an actual trade publisher and we don't charge authors for our services. Our authors receive the highest royalty rates in the industry. Check us out at www.reddinkpress.com

By the way if this post is against the rules please do not just ban me for spamming. Please let me know and I won't post like this again.
Frank
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:08 am

Re: Publisher Looking for New Authors of Lockpicking works

"Highest royalty in the industry"...so what is your royalty rate then? Didn't find any mentioning of it on your website.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:25 pm

Hi Fallen,

I would say that in this instance, since you aren't selling anything, but merely putting out essentially a glorified "call for papers" that you're in safe waters. Okay, I know it's much more than a mere call for papers, but the concept is similar enough in my mind that I'm okay with it.

-Elbow
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:53 pm

Yep.
<<

Fallen

Post Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:24 pm

Thanks. I can't stress to you how hard it is to recruit authors without using forums. At least for specialty subjects. There is a huge demand for quality material about physical security penetration testing and this forum was a big help when I needed some supplemental training.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:15 pm

smashing - lot of lads on here have a great deal of knowledge hope to see some books up and running
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:25 pm

I would be interested in a catalog of all the books Reddink currently has. my current interests are Physical Security/Lock's/Airsmithing/Knifes/archery

I have been working on some Airsmithing stuff (Spring Piston) but nothing worth putting in a book anytime soon.
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

Lauren

Post Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:29 pm

I just assume cut out the middle man. Somebody always wants a piece. Self publishing is the wave of the future. It's here: 4th edition, 23 chapters. Just uploaded today.

http://www.blurb.com/b/6565733-the-extr ... -collector

Return to Book & CD/DVD Reviews