FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

30 Minute BugOut

Forum rules
SURVIVE!
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:56 am

30 Minute BugOut

Here's the scenario:

You live along the Pacific coast.

There's an earthquake.

You've got 30 minutes to literally run for your life.

Everything around you will be destroyed for hundreds of miles.

What do you take and where do you go?
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:04 am

Re: 30 Minute BugOut

Family
BOB = bug out bag
lots of ammo
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:45 am

Motorbike, gun and ammo I spose... :akimbo:

Get the f*ck outta there. If certain death is guaranteed whatever then I spose it don't matter. If not I reckon a hill without trees might be a good place to wait it out.

Oh yeah, raid the crap outta the local stores before they topple so at least u got cash. Probably the only thing that'd be of much use. And fuel, get a shitload of fuel too. If u can.
<<

aka.decoy

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:47 am

My wife and I had to pack all our shit, 3 kids worth of shit. Baby food, formula, canned goods, kids clothes, important papers, jewelry for the house invaders, diapers, my work shoes, couldn't grab it all, had to leave. They closed the roads, people getting fucking MENTO at the gas stations. Lines are un-fucking-believable. All crammed up in my in-laws house. 5 families in 2 bedrooms and 1 living room. Deaf old people can't hear the tv, so it's so damn loud it's waking the baby up. But I can't say shit. I'm not the man of this household. It's 2:43am here, been trying to put the kids to sleep since 9pm. Everyone thinks this is a fucking happy-happy-joy-joy-gathering-party-type-thing. First wave should hit in about 15-20 minutes.
"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

-Ron Burgundy
<<

aka.decoy

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:49 am

I'd hate it if we did all this and nothing happens...but at the same time I don't want my fuckin' house washed away either. Either way, fuck going to work tomorrow.
"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

-Ron Burgundy
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:06 pm

Personally, I'm a fatalist.

Think about it: a 30 minute warning is just about all the time that the people in Japan had to do anything about the tsunami headed their way.

I suppose if you are in your 20's, single, and had a motorcycle and a full tank of gas, you'd be able to outrun it. But once you did, what then? No power, food, clean water, or communications for days - if not weeks.

Did you bring a knife? Blanket? Probably not. Remember, thirty minutes is not very long to hop on your scooter and find a road out of town, without getting killed or run over by other desperate and totally wigged out people.

If you aren't young and mobile, you are basically screwed. You just head for the roof the house and wait it out - and hope you don't get crushed, drowned, or burned alive by the random fires.

A 20 ft wall of water is not a trivial matter. Unfortunately, I really don't think there's much you can do about it on such short notice.

Basically, just hold on for the ride.
:shock:
<<

aka.decoy

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:42 pm

High and dry. Just a few fucked up boats. My house is koo. Went to sleep at 4am. I was still supposed to report to work but the roads were closed till 7am. Ha! Fuck their couch. I'm just glad it didn't get all stupid like when you were updating us on Ike.

-Ron Burgundy
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:58 am

aka.decoy wrote:High and dry. Just a few fucked up boats. My house is koo. Went to sleep at 4am. I was still supposed to report to work but the roads were closed till 7am. Ha! Fuck their couch. I'm just glad it didn't get all stupid like when you were updating us on Ike.

Glad to hear you made it through, alright, Decoy.

It is strange to see normally placid people totally losing it :loony: when they are on the road, in a panic, and facing what they think is the end of the world as they know it.

Return to Survival