FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Cardale garage door lock - how to - lost keys

<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:58 pm

Cardale garage door lock - how to - lost keys

cardale garage doors - locking barrel removal - HOW TO GUIDE

if you have lost your keys for the cardale garage door - can be expensive to replace the lock barrel or entire thing

no matter if its the euro or fixed barrel type - only one screw or clip retains the cylinder barrel

REMOVE THIS BARREL AND YOU CAN WITH A KEY BLANK - DECODE YOUR LOCK - TO MAKE A NEW KEY

BLANK REF : HD LF85 ILCO LF24 KEYLINE LF19 JMA LF7 SILCA LF19 -ORION LF27 Cuts on both sides

please note the height of the wafers once blank key is inserted - is the cutting order 3 HEIGHTS POSSIBLE PIC 5

SEE PHOTO GUIDE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Cardale garage door lock - how to - lost keys

That's excellent. With that image and good keywords, if anyone with that lock googles it to repair it or if they lost their keys, they're covered. At least for as long as we keep this forum running. And hopefully, that will be a nice, long time.

I can't count how many times I've googled some obscure problem, a broken item I'm trying to fix, troubleshoot an appliance or old computer, thinking there is no way on earth I'll find what I need but I do it anyway in desperation because nothing else has worked. Then I find some tiny website or forum somewhere, tucked away in a little corner of the internet, that has exactly the piece of information I need. Even sometimes for incredibly obsolete items.

Maybe it's a sign of my age, but I'm continually amazed at what an astounding resource and information repository the internet has become. I'm glad I was born in an age when I had to do without it while growing up so I can really appreciate what it has to offer now.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:27 pm

:agree: And great sites such as keypicking and there amazing admin - team make all this possible
<<

Random

Familiar Face

Post Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:21 pm

Thanks for posting this. :cool:
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:53 pm

Great post and I like the pic
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:35 am

Well done ringo ! , a lot of caravans have identical set ups , have hand cut a key for one using the same method .
Open Sez Me !
<<

PaulN-G

Post Thu May 30, 2019 4:01 pm

Hi Ringo, Great post on the Cardale garage door lock. Please can you help me with my lock? The Cardale garage door is locked and cannot be accessed internally. No keys. I have purchased a lock pick set rather than try to drill the barrel out but struggling to pick the lock. Any ideas?
PaulN-G
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Thu May 30, 2019 5:48 pm

PaulN-G wrote:Hi Ringo, Great post on the Cardale garage door lock. Please can you help me with my lock? The Cardale garage door is locked and cannot be accessed internally. No keys. I have purchased a lock pick set rather than try to drill the barrel out but struggling to pick the lock. Any ideas?
PaulN-G

so your dealing with lock as in photo guide - 8 wafers - only 3 depths of cut 1-2-3
first 5 wafers you need to pick downward - then last 3 wafers pick upward
think that's how barrel was set up - see the 5 wafers standing up in photo - other 3 on opposite side of plug
so a tad tricky ... give this ago :razz:

good luck

ringo
<<

Visitor

Post Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:47 am

Use the ball type pick and a double tension wrench, apply tension and rub the ball picking and out whilst slightly angling it up and down, it will open in a couple of seconds then follow the guide as above.

Return to Key Making