FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

MasterLock blank question

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:36 pm

MasterLock blank question

This my be a dumb question, but I really don't know what I thought I knew. The new Masterlock series, you know the grey ones with the rubber stuff on them, have the steel looking keys to them, I have thought until now that the M1 blank was the same as the 4 pin keys that these now come with, with just a different bow. Well, it seems that they have different cuts, and maybe a somewhat different groove pattern, I played around with one today and couldn't duplicate one onto an M1 blank. Anybody know what the deal is with these keys, and a part number if they are different. Or maybe I just cut bad keys!!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:39 pm

Re: MasterLock blank question

Did the M1 blank fit in the lock?
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:16 pm

It fits, just won't work
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:17 pm

It has to do with new blanks and old blanks, flat bottom and round bottom, they have different depths.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:20 pm

Interesting, I was at HD today so I bought one of those locks. For one thing, they open up just the same...did not notice a huge difference with the blanks. Maybe I will call up Master tomorrow and see what they say. Can't hurt-
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:15 pm

you know, they have to be the same I would think. For some reason I guess I was having trouble duplicating them. Sometimes with this new speedex you have to work some crazy ass wizardry to get everything to work. Might be my screwup, but if you look at the peaks on the new keys and the spacing, it seems to be different, the new keys resemble Schlage cuts, where the root of the cuts is narrow, compared to the regular M1 keys. I don't know. You find out anything or just think I am dumb, please let me know!!
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:32 pm

Well I went and got a key made at the hardware store...standard M1 blank and it worked just fine. Tried to call Master and did not feel like waiting on hold, lol.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:36 pm

Well, my bad then, I missed out on some money I guess. Thanks for the follow-up, I really appreciate it.

Return to Key Making